Malcolm

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Malcolm »

pael wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Marc wrote:
Hi Malcolm
17th is a Saturday...
Will it be Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th ? Will it be streamed ?
Thx
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Do you know which service will stream it yet?
No, we have not set up those details as of yet. Will keep you posted.
Strive

Post by Strive »

Hello to Malcolm and all,

I was wondering if one will be able to read this book if they do not have direct introduction? The person in question is very religious but belongs to a different faith. If they are not interested in receiving DI then what can I do to secure their liberation permanently?
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

I "attended" the Lung with Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche via webcast in September....I finally started reading it today for the first time...

Thank you Malcolm :heart:

:namaste:
marting

Post by marting »

Strive wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:07 pm Hello to Malcolm and all,

I was wondering if one will be able to read this book if they do not have direct introduction? The person in question is very religious but belongs to a different faith. If they are not interested in receiving DI then what can I do to secure their liberation permanently?
My personal opinion is to secure liberation for yourself first and leave other people to choose their own religious worldview without persuasion or mediation.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

marting wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:56 pm

My personal opinion is to secure liberation for yourself first and leave other people to choose their own religious worldview without persuasion or mediation.
And this is relevant to this thread because?
marting

Post by marting »

Relevant to the last part of Strive's post. Did you want to reply to it by yourself or something?
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

marting wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:03 pm Relevant to the last part of Strive's post. Did you want to reply to it by yourself or something?
Or something. :thinking:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I was wondering if one will be able to read this book if they do not have direct introduction?
If they have eyes and understand English then of course they can read it, but it won't mean much to them and it may not be all that helpful.
The person in question is very religious but belongs to a different faith. If they are not interested in receiving DI then what can I do to secure their liberation permanently?
I find that torturing people into converting really works well. :twisted: But seriously: being a living example of the teaching is the best method. Basically that means that you have to practice your ass off.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
marting

Post by marting »

Handful of people in this world can lead another to liberation, fewer of those teach, and no one can secure liberation for another. So moot question anyway. The faster folks come to terms with this the better. :stirthepot:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Buddhahood in This Life Seminar, Santa Fe, May 4-6

Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

I don't use facebook. Is there an alternative way to register and pay?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
bfaus

Post by bfaus »

Will there be an online broadcast of this event? I would be interested if that were possible and would still be happy to pay the donation fee. Thank you!
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

bfaus wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm Will there be an online broadcast of this event? I would be interested if that were possible and would still be happy to pay the donation fee. Thank you!
+1
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mr. G wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:44 pm I don't use facebook. Is there an alternative way to register and pay?
You are registered. Make your donation at the door. :-)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

bfaus wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 pm Will there be an online broadcast of this event? I would be interested if that were possible and would still be happy to pay the donation fee. Thank you!
I cannot promise anything, but if you attended the online lung, then I think I can make the recordings available.
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 pmI cannot promise anything, but if you attended the online lung, then I think I can make the recordings available.
:cheers:
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

If I ask a Lama to give me the Lung for this book, how much time would he need for it?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Toenail wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:06 pm If I ask a Lama to give me the Lung for this book, how much time would he need for it?
About three hours.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 pm
I cannot promise anything, but if you attended the online lung, then I think I can make the recordings available.
I would be most interested in this, if it's possible to arrange. I'd treat it the same way as attending in person by way of offering the suggested donation fee. Of course I would really like to attend in person but I don't think that's possible.

Very happy to see this happen either way! :)
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Sounds like a great teaching. I think I'll check it out, in person. :smile:

Return to “Dzogchen”