Creation and Completion Stage Resources?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Karma_Yeshe

Re: Creation and Completion Stage Resources?

Post by Karma_Yeshe »

Virgo wrote:
Karma_Yeshe wrote:Also I'd like to know how you want to really practice the path of Dzogchen (and not some new age fantasy) without diligence? For most people Dzogchen is not a shortcut but a way to cover their lazyness with nice words.

Karma Yeshe
Not necessarily. There are lazy Sakyapas, Gelugpas, Kagyupas, Nyingmapas, Zen practitioners, Theravadins, and so on and so forth.

If you have not taken Dzogchen teachings, you should not criticize it. We should not criticize that which we do not understand.

:anjali: Kevin
Of course it is not necessary, but e.g. just finding a suitable place for certain practises is not that easy today.

And yes, one should not critise things that one does not understand (btw I never critised Dzogchen Teachings).

All the best
Karma Yeshe
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

When looking into the Tibetan Buddhism threads, I found one related with Allan Wallace. Thats when I remember reading, in a book he wrote about lucid dreams, about the practice of imagine yourself as a deity. There it seems that you do not the empowerment. After reading your posts, I suppose that he is commiting a serious mistake - perhaps with a good intention.
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

By the way, I was seeking for live webcasts with empowerments/transmissionbut I dont find anything useful. The only thing was me missing the Namkhai Norbu world wide trnamission yesterday! :(

Do you know about any webcast transmission? Be it from N.Norbu or not.

Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

This might be a very helpful tool: https://books.google.com/books?id=M_9tA ... de&f=false It says the practice contained within does not require an empowerment and I think the illustrated nature of this might be extremely useful.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Nosta wrote:By the way, I was seeking for live webcasts with empowerments/transmissionbut I dont find anything useful. The only thing was me missing the Namkhai Norbu world wide trnamission yesterday! :(

Do you know about any webcast transmission? Be it from N.Norbu or not.

Garchen Rinpoche gives online empowerment I believe.

There is a lot of opinion swirling around on here about it though, you may want to read the threads on the subject. Here's the main thread:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14135

Where are you anyway, are you sure there is nothing near you?

I wouldn't take an empowerment with a teacher just because you can, but rather because you feel a connection to them..or at least are interested in making one.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Punya

Post by Punya »

Where are you anyway, are you sure there is nothing near you?
We've actually this conversation with Nosta before. It would seem he/she didn't find the responses useful.

I guess I'm just going to keep saying the same thing in these kind of threads - no empowerment, no blessing, no benefit. I'm not sure there's even any value in reading up on the theory because you can't immediately put it into practice. On the other hand, there's loads of Mahayana practices you can do that don't require empowerment.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

In fact I dont want to keep the same talking about transmission, my question this time was just a quick one, maybe one of you did something on internet. Anyway, I think in August N.Norbu will do it again.

And I am doing practices with no empowerment.

Well, thank you very much once again :)
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

Tsultrim T. wrote:This might be a very helpful tool: https://books.google.com/books?id=M_9tA ... de&f=false It says the practice contained within does not require an empowerment and I think the illustrated nature of this might be extremely useful.

His him a realiable master?
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

Nosta wrote:
Tsultrim T. wrote:This might be a very helpful tool: https://books.google.com/books?id=M_9tA ... de&f=false It says the practice contained within does not require an empowerment and I think the illustrated nature of this might be extremely useful.
His him a realiable master?
Yes he is unmistakably one of the greateast masters of our time.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”