Deleting of Samayas

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
kalden yungdrung

Deleting of Samayas

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek DW members,

Maybe a strange thing, but how can we delete some taken Tantric Samayas ?
We all know how to maintain Samayas and how to restore these commitments, but how to delete them to the roots, that is to me not so known.

KY
The best meditation is no meditation
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Deleting of Samayas

Post by Adamantine »

Get fully enlightened.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

:D

Yep, Adamantine's is just about the only answer. Which ones are you interested in renouncing?
Paul

Post by Paul »

The closest I've heard is maintaining them vicariously through dzogchen guruyoga. But that's not deleting them per se.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek DW members,

We all know how to maintain Samayas and how to restore these commitments, but how to delete them to the roots, that is to me not so known.

KY
If you break your root samayas, you delete them from the root. But this is really hard to do.

Basically, there only real samaya is being committed to liberation, one's own and all others. If you abandon this commitment, you abandon the rest. If you keep this commitment, you keep the rest.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Kalden-la

You might find Dechengyalmo's post in the samaya thread in the Beginning Mahayana subforum to be of interest.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

tingdzin wrote:Kalden-la

You might find Dechengyalmo's post in the samaya thread in the Beginning Mahayana subforum to be of interest.
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 99#p316299
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Malcolm wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek DW members,

KY
If you break your root samayas, you delete them from the root. But this is really hard to do.

Basically, there only real samaya is being committed to liberation, one's own and all others. If you abandon this commitment, you abandon the rest. If you keep this commitment, you keep the rest.
Tashi delek M.

How are you ?
Thanks for your reply.

Well i saw the Samayas more used in the light of a dualistic emotional reacting mind, for which they seem to be developed.
Agree that one never can delete Compassion and Wisdom, because they are inherent in (our) Nature as self emergent.

But i guess so one can delete a certain Tantric membership by cancellation. That would mean the Samayas etc, are also cancelled / deleted.

Especially do I like to express here, the freedom to follow- and the freedom to leave the audience, done in respect to the audience.

KY
The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”