Adzom Drugpa's Vajrakilaya

kng

Adzom Drugpa's Vajrakilaya

Post by kng »

Hi friends

Please, could you share a picture of Adzom Drugpa's Vajrakilaya? It seems to function with general feeling "I am Vajrakilaya" but still a picture would be nice. Or the description of deity(number of heads, arms, legs/phurba, attributes etc.)

Thank you
They all are buddhas, they just don't tell me, because they feel ashamed, that I am not.
Lama Ole Nydahl
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Re: Adzom Drugpa's Vajrakilaya

Post by Reibeam »

Sent you a message......

About four people really helped me when I had the same question.
naljor

Post by naljor »

Dear friends,

I am looking for Tibetan text of Adzom Drugpa Vajrakilaya and image, any idea where can I find it?

Thank you
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

naljor wrote:Dear friends,

I am looking for Tibetan text of Adzom Drugpa Vajrakilaya and image, any idea where can I find it?

Thank you

Have you gotten transmission from Rinpoche? If so I can send it to you in a couple days.
naljor

Post by naljor »

Hi Reibeam,
I received it several times
Thanks for your help
emikanter

Post by emikanter »

I would like that too.

I got the lung last month in São Paulo.
pawel

Post by pawel »

Hi folks!
Me too! please.
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

pawel wrote:Hi folks!
Me too! please.
To all interested...

If you have transmission.....

Send me a PM that includes your email and I will forward you a JPEG ( not high res but it will give you the idea) and a pdf of what I have. The mantras are the ones that are typically used in all Kilaya practices. The action mantra is almost the same as the famous razor mantra, but it is slightly different as you will see in the pdf.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Is it much different than the Kama Vajrakilaya? Most terma Kilaya's are not much different it seems, maybe slightly different implements in hands, etc.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

Adamantine wrote:Is it much different than the Kama Vajrakilaya? Most terma Kilaya's are not much different it seems, maybe slightly different implements in hands, etc.
Your right, generally they are really similar. My experience is primarily with the form used in the Ratna Lingpa practice, in comparison to the form from Adzom Drugpa's it is quite a bit different.

The form of Vajrakilaya in Adzom Drugpa terma is more akin to the description of the supreme sons in the visualization of the external mandala in some of the Kama texts. Having three faces, six arms and a phurba lower half. In this case without consort.

This is the only public image floating online of the Drukpa Kilaya I have ever found.

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Oh I see. There is a Kilaya practice from Tsasum Lingpa
where he has the Phurba lower half as well.. And of course that's
akin to Guru Drakpur.

:anjali:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
konnkazi

Post by konnkazi »

Hi . Please send me too a Vajrakilaya practice booklet if it is possible. I have received the transmission several times, but I couldn't find the booklet so far. Many thanks !
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

TRANSLATED VAJRAKILAYA TEXT:

The full sadhana text of the Adzom Drugpa Vajrakilaya from the Secret Vajra Treasury of Clear Light was kindly translated and has been approved by ChNN at my request, after several drafts. Enormous thanks is due to Martin Brown, Cathy Cantwell and Adriano Clemente for helping me to bring it to ChNN as a translation for his approval.

It was previously only available in Tibetan.

It is now with the SSI for phoenetic tweaking and publication. This may take some time. There is currently no practice booklet for this.

There is a handwritten version of the mantras and a description of the deity but this is not the sadhana itself, which comes from the same terma as the Drolod Sadhana and is very similar in style and length etc. I think the handwritten pages in Tibetan are the only ones officially from ChNN, and a few people have from him the Tibetan text of the full sadhana.

There may be another translation out there, but not one approved by ChNN in any form.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
konnkazi

Post by konnkazi »

Thank You !
Kris

Post by Kris »

Could someone PM me the hand implements that are being held?
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Sennin wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:39 pm Could someone PM me the hand implements that are being held?
PM sent.

Kris

Post by Kris »

Mantrik wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:48 pm TRANSLATED VAJRAKILAYA TEXT:

The full sadhana text of the Adzom Drugpa Vajrakilaya from the Secret Vajra Treasury of Clear Light was kindly translated and has been approved by ChNN at my request, after several drafts. Enormous thanks is due to Martin Brown, Cathy Cantwell and Adriano Clemente for helping me to bring it to ChNN as a translation for his approval.

It is now with the SSI for phoenetic tweaking and publication. This may take some time. There is currently no practice booklet for this.

There is a handwritten version of the mantras and a description of the deity but this is not the sadhana itself, which comes from the same terma as the Drolod Sadhana and is very similar in style and length etc. I think the handwritten pages in Tibetan are the only ones officially from ChNN, and a few people have from him the Tibetan text of the full sadhana.

There may be another translation out there, but not one approved by ChNN in any form.
:thanks:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Sennin wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Sorry, but I've no idea who Martin Brown is. I translated the text David mentions. Cathy went through it with me and Adriano sent a few suggestions but the translation is mine and if anyone wants it, they should ask me for it. I haven't given anyone permission to pass it on on my behalf.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

michaelb wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:20 pm
Sennin wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Sorry, but I've no idea who Martin Brown is. I translated the text David mentions. Cathy went through it with me and Adriano sent a few suggestions but the translation is mine and if anyone wants it, they should ask me for it. I haven't given anyone permission to pass it on on my behalf.
Hi Michael, glad you are back.

The text in TIbetan was provided to me by ChNN and yes you, Michael Brown (apologies for the typo), did indeed translate it for the benefit of ChNN's students, at my request, with input from others. It was passed back to ChNN who approved it for publication and is now with Shang Shung. Of course, it may never see the light of day but I'm sure they will credit your contribution.

You know all this, Michael, and also know that it was to be made available for ChNN's students who have the lung. I have the emails between us still, which prove so, and the emails with Adriano and ChNN himself (which were also requested by SS publications team).
It was not for me, but for anyone with the lung. On Friday 7th July 2017 you said: ''As far as who you show the translation to, it's up to you. I'm not possessive or precious about my amateurish attempts. If you show it to anyone and they suggest for corrections, I'm open to changing stuff.''

On one occasion recently someone made an unsolicited donation in return for the translation, which I passed on to you via Paypal as a gesture of goowill. It is not mine to own or withhold from DC members, as we agreed that was the purpose.

However, should you wish to now assert some sort of copyright over what was a joint venture by several people, on a text provided by ChNN himself, please go ahead. I trust you can remember which of the English words belong to you, to Cathy and to others, including ChNN himself who helped with the meaning of things such as 'E'.

I'm sure ChNN was grateful that the work was done, and even said he would try to offer a retreat at some point, but it was not to be.

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

michaelb wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:20 pm I translated the text David mentions. Cathy went through it with me and Adriano sent a few suggestions but the translation is mine and if anyone wants it, they should ask me for it. I haven't given anyone permission to pass it on on my behalf.
As quoted above, you did, several times actually. You were always part of the whole process of working with SSI to bring the project to fruition and into the hands of the DC publishers, and were kind enough to help for no fee. You generously gave translation to me for that purpose.

As the translation was of a text from ChNN and for ChNN's students it is a tad churlish to start asserting rights just because of your anger over the Ati Muwer episode in a thread here where you roundly impugned ChNN, as any search will reveal.

As you were then not present here for many many months it would have been rather difficult for people to obtain anything from you, and probably still is.

However, it is your karma, so if you feel the need to use this as a retaliation, just go ahead. I wash my hands of it and of you. Blessings on your recovery. :anjali:

Return to “Dzogchen”