What chöd does Lama Wangdu practice?

Dharmaswede

What chöd does Lama Wangdu practice?

Post by Dharmaswede »

I know he does the Changbu Gyatsa (100 handprint torma ritual), which is "attached" to the a core chöd Sadhana. I also understand he has taught Dentok Chikma. What other chöd related practices has he taught, or given empowerments in? What does he practice himself?

Thank you!
yegyal

Re: What chöd does Lama Wangdu practice?

Post by yegyal »

The monks at his monastery do the Khandro Gyegang (Longchen Nyingthig) every evening and the rinchen drengwa on dakini days. Not sure about his daily personal practice, but I know he has given empowerments and instructions, including the dance, on the Khandro Gyegang on numerous occasions. However, I believe he also holds Machig's lineage.
ClearblueSky

Post by ClearblueSky »

I received both the Bellowing Laughter of The Dakinis, and Rinchen Trengwa from Lama Wangdu. I think he tends to teach those two a lot.
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

Wonderful, thank you!
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

Lama Wangdu is also probably the only remaining lineage holder of Machik's Shijay of which there are multiple practices associated. I am not sure how often he performs these particular practices but you can get a better idea through reading his biography: http://www.amazon.com/Hundred-Thousand- ... 0557004098
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Rinpoche holds PaDampa Sangye's Shijay lineage, and has given empowerments from that cycle to us on request now and again.
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

So there is a living lineage of Shi Jay practice, with Sadhana and everything?

Best Regards,

Jens
Happy Thunderbolt

Post by Happy Thunderbolt »

Lama Wangdu Rinpoche does Khandro Gegyang, Tsogle Rinchen Trengwa, Kusali Chö, Denthogchigma, Bliss Queen and various healing Chö including Changbu Gyatsho... And hold lineages for many others too. But Chö is a Life practice that goes far beyond a sadhana-cum-ritual with a drum and bell and he applies chö in his daily life in many different ways.

Suvajra
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Just as a heads-up to our many US & Canada members: Lama Wangdu is evidently in residence in Portland, Oregon, USA now, and teaching at least weekly at a place called The Movement Center in NE.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Jikan wrote:Just as a heads-up to our many US & Canada members: Lama Wangdu is evidently in residence in Portland, Oregon, USA now, and teaching at least weekly at a place called The Movement Center in NE.
It's great to visit Lama Wangdu wherever he his, but I'll offer a link to this open letter about the Movement Center so everyone can be informed of the hosting location: - the name was formerly "Nityananda Institute" and must have changed to The Movement Center because of bad PR:

http://leaving-nityananda-institute.blo ... nanda.html
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

I don't know what Lama Wangdu's relationship with Swami Chetanananda is like, but it does seem that the latter is encouraging his students to learn chod from the former. There has been some kind of collaboration between the two for years now, but what that is, I have no idea.

I also don't know if that 2008 blog post has been fact-checked or if its claims have been verified. I do know that there's been controversy of that kind surrounding Swami C for a long time, even prior to that mass departure of students.

:shrug:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Heard that Lama Wangdu is now in Los Angeles... If anyone knows the
schedule or details please post here.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

It looks likes Lama Wangdu Rinpoche's schedule in LA was only until Dec 15, but the contact info is Tenzin Tinley Lama for information at [email protected]. Hope it helps.
ManiKarnika

Post by ManiKarnika »

Today [1/10/2015] was Troma Nagmo wang at Movement Center [Portland, OR]

Vajrayana schedule http://www.themovementcenter.com/progra ... wellbeing/
Chöd and Phowa [Longchen Nyantik, Khandro Khanjang]
100 Handprint Ritual [3 times per month by Friday]
White Mahakala
Queen of Great
Long Life
Rinchen Trenwa (couple times per year)
Chod Cham

P.S. http://vimeo.com/58231716

Return to “Chod”