Hello from Oregon

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
reddust

Hello from Oregon

Post by reddust »

I love your site, so many people and topics. You all are awesome :twothumbsup:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:cheers:
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

Hello from a fellow Oregonian in Tigard :)
Namu Amida Butsu
reddust

Post by reddust »

duckfiasco wrote:Hello from a fellow Oregonian in Tigard :)
nice to meet a fellow Oregonian! :heart: Thank you @David N. Snyder :namaste:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
ball-of-string

Post by ball-of-string »

Portlander here. Welcome to DW
reddust

Post by reddust »

ball-of-string wrote:Portlander here. Welcome to DW
I grew up near Mt Hood the Eagle Creek Wilderness area was my childhood playground. I know Portland very well. Most of my folk came from Odell Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. So nice to meet you.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi reddust,

I'm an Oregonian also--grew up in & around Portland, with family and mostly pleasant memories in Florence, Klamath Falls, Enterprise, and elsewhere.

Welcome back to the Buddhist interwebz.
lisehull

Post by lisehull »

I am also from Oregon, living on the South Coast in Bandon. :twothumbsup:
wisdom

Post by wisdom »

Didnt realize how many OR people were around. I live in PDX myself :)
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hi. Welcome. Cute dog! Is he yours?
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Welcome
paulbear

Post by paulbear »

I'm moving to Portland , I'm currently in Italy but looking to meet fellow members from Oregon. Welcome and stay well Paul
lobster

Post by lobster »

reddust wrote:You all are awesome :twothumbsup:
So true. Welcome to being awesome. :twothumbsup:
reddust

Post by reddust »

Jikan wrote:Welcome back to the Buddhist interwebz.
You remember me? I am very happy to be back. These last 3 1/2 years building our little farm have been like a retreat. Florence is one of my favorite places as well, we have family in Klamath Falls. Time to start surfing samsara again :alien:
lisehull wrote:I am also from Oregon, living on the South Coast in Bandon. :twothumbsup:
The Southern Coast of Oregon is so sweet amazing coastline. I wouldn't mind moving there, super gardening. You are only 2 hours away from the Redwood forest and Crater Lake ;-)
wisdom wrote:Didnt realize how many OR people were around. I live in PDX myself :)
It's really cozy to have so many Oregonians here. For those not in the know we natives pronounce our state name as Oregun not Oregone….hahahaha
Luke wrote:Hi. Welcome. Cute dog! Is he yours?
Her name is Mina, she is our puppy, six months old. My son's Catahoula leopard bitch had puppies, Mina was the only one to survive. She is a sweet little personality and will be a fierce guard dog, my ears, nose, and eyes out in the woods during hiking and camping.
Nighthawk wrote:Welcome
nice to meet you :thumbsup:
paulbear wrote:I'm moving to Portland , I'm currently in Italy but looking to meet fellow members from Oregon. Welcome and stay well Paul
There are many Buddhist groups here in Oregon, the state is very mellow regarding it's diversity. I'm up in near Eugene and Springfield, that's a 3 1/2 hour drive from Portland. Most Europeans are shocked at the amount of driving we all do. The state is huge. You must visit Multnomah Falls, Mt Hood, they are pretty close to Portland and we have amazing, hiking, fishing, and wineries. My favorite thing to do in the fall is go rock hunting over in Madras Oregon at the Richardson Brothers Ranch (http://richardsonrockranch.com).
lobster wrote:
reddust wrote:You all are awesome :twothumbsup:
So true. Welcome to being awesome. :twothumbsup:
Yeah, well. The Dude abides. :hug:
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

paulbear wrote:I'm moving to Portland , I'm currently in Italy but looking to meet fellow members from Oregon. Welcome and stay well Paul
As reddust said, you'll have an embarrassment of choices in Oregon, especially the Portland area.
It's almost too many places you can possibly go, in every tradition.
Namu Amida Butsu
ball-of-string

Post by ball-of-string »

Paulbear, keep us posted on your arrival to Oregon. I agree with Reddust, it's a beautiful place and I think many of us would be happy to offer tips about what to see. And I agree with Duckfiasco, there is a lot of Buddhist activity here.
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

reddust wrote:
You remember me?
:thumbsup:
reddust

Post by reddust »

T. Chokyi wrote:
reddust wrote:
You remember me?
:thumbsup:
Oh fun, now I have to figure out who you are too! :heart: :hug:
lisehull

Post by lisehull »

Actually, the choices are limited to the most populated areas of Oregon. The South Coast is greatly lacking in options, so I travel to Ashland where I belong to a meditation center.
:namaste:
reddust

Post by reddust »

lisehull wrote:Actually, the choices are limited to the most populated areas of Oregon. The South Coast is greatly lacking in options, so I travel to Ashland where I belong to a meditation center.
:namaste:

When I first started meditation and study many years ago I couldn't find much and I was 30 minutes from Portland. It's still hard to find groups or centers out in the rural areas, especially in Southern and Eastern Oregon. Nice to meet you!

Return to “Introductions”