Assistance identifying Chinese website

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Lotus415

Assistance identifying Chinese website

Post by Lotus415 »

I obtained a card at a Buddhist vegetarian store, entirely in Chinese with only a website link on the back to look up. The website is also all in Chinese. I am curious if anyone can assist in identifying this group and the images on the card, some of which I have never seen before. A picture of the card on their website is here:

http://yuanmanputi.com/mantra.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for your time!
Huifeng

Re: Assistance identifying Chinese website

Post by Huifeng »

"Complete bodhi" is the name of it. Just a number of cards with mantras / dharanis and some basic practices / recitations. That's it.

~~ Huifeng
Lotus415

Post by Lotus415 »

Thanks so much for the quick response! The way the card was printed, I was sort of under the impression it is to be hung over a doorway, (or, I suppose anywhere for that matter). I was just curious if there were any specifications or further information in the Chinese description that would be worth noting.
I also wanted to be certain this was not some "new" group with new mantras.
Lotus415

Post by Lotus415 »

The scorpion image was quite different for me to see, for example.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

You probably would have been better off posting in the Tibetan section coz, except for the second from the left and the right, the rest are Tibetan.

Basically they are all protective and long life practices. I think the second one from the right (Chinese) may be the Sitatapatra dharani.

The figure on the left is Dorje Gotrab. Then there are two Garuda practices (normally accsociated with protection from disease). I don't know what the next two are. Then there is a lung ta (wind horse) banner for long life/energy. The scorpions trap and hold demonic forces of plagues and infections that may try to harm you.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lotus415

Post by Lotus415 »

Thank you, Greg, for your kind insight. With permission I will post on the Tibetan forum.

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”