White Khecari Practice

lasirene

White Khecari Practice

Post by lasirene »

Hello. Would someone be able to explain briefly the practice of White Khecari from Shangpa Kagyu lineage?
I would be very grateful.
Last edited by lasirene on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart

Re: White Khecari Practice

Post by Stewart »

lasirene wrote:Hello. Would someone be able to explain briefly the practice of White Khecari from Shangpa Kagyu lineage?
I would be very grateful.
[img]podcasts.resonancefm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMAG03921.jpg[/img]
Conebeckham is the man for all matters Shangpa.
s.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

There's not much that can be said publically--Khacho Karmo is not really suitable for public discussion. It is one of the penultimate Five Golden Dharmas of the Shangpa Kagyu. Here's what I can tell you: The lineage comes from Atisha, amongst others, through Niguma and then through the Shangpa lineage. The practice involves supplications and special yogic practices, relating to Bliss/Emptiness and the four joys, and the completion stage practice is a sort of Phowa, allowing one to travel to the Pure Land of the Dakini.

This practice, as well as the Red One (Khacho Marmo), are known as the two "flowers" of the Shangpa tree. The roots are the Six Yogas of Niguma, the trunk is Mahamudra of the Amulet box, the branches are the "Three Carryings on the Path," the flowers are the two dakinis, and the fruit is Deathlessness of Body and Deathlessness of Mind, also sometimes referred to as "Non-Entering of Samsara and Nirvana."

Prior to practicing this, you would normally have completed ngondro, extensive yidam practices, the Six Yogas of Niguma, and be involved in Tantric Mahamudra practice, in retreat.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

As I said.... :smile:

Great stuff cone.
s.

Return to “Kagyu”