Leaving Pizzahut.

Just for fun
Simon E.

Leaving Pizzahut.

Post by Simon E. »

So l am here in Pizzahut and I have sampled one or two of the varieties but I can’t decide whether to place a bigger order or not. I certainly don’t want to labelled as a pizza head. Being labelled as anything is an affront to my self sense.
Yet I find myself mysteriously drawn to those doughy discs.
What I would like is for you all to post lots of reasons for me to munch on your favourite pies. I will then give my reasons for not doing while looking slightly anguished but feisty.
With any luck this could go on for days.. :smile: Giving me a warm glow.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Leaving Pizzahut.

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Simon E. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:37 am So l am here in Pizzahut and I have sampled one or two of the varieties but I can’t decide whether to place a bigger order or not. I certainly don’t want to labelled as a pizza head. Being labelled as anything is an affront to my self sense.
What I would like is for you all to post lots of reasons for me to munch on your favourite pies. I will then give my reasons for not doing while looking slightly anguished but feisty.
Try pineapple pizza. As far as doughy discs go that one has to be tried to be truly appreciated, the combination of pineapple and well... pizza, is something special. Bit sour, bit sweet. It is just perfect.

And then the greatest of them all, quatroformagi. That is the kind of all pizzas. There is everything. Cheeese, different cheese, modly cheese and some more cheese. I mean, what more do you want from a pizza than all that cheese?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Well I’m not sure. I think I might prefer Greek moussaka. But you chuck ‘em up and I’ll bat em away. :smile:
Last edited by Simon E. on Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Simon E. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:08 pm Well I’m not sure. I think I might prefer Greek moussaka.
Anything with a decent amount of meat topping combinations. Some cheese too of course. Then I am not too sure what else you'd need. Except a nice bottle of wine to go with the pizza. Then you're good to go.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Well you pizza eaters are biased. Pizza has just been a cause of grief to me. :o :(

Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Why are you wasting your time in PIzzaHut? Good God man, we're not animals.
This is not the wrong life.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Pizza hut is not pizza. Pizza hut is empty of pizza, and not in a madhyamaka sense, in a completely mundane sense.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Simon E. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:37 am So l am here in Pizzahut and I have sampled one or two of the varieties but I can’t decide whether to place a bigger order or not. I certainly don’t want to labelled as a pizza head. Being labelled as anything is an affront to my self sense.
Honestly, I'd just go to Dominos or Little Caesar's (despite the latter being rather more expensive nowadays than in previous years). Or have some flat bread and curry.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Ah you pizza people. How you fail to appreciate my existential angst will stems from my huge intelligence.

Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

No, no, no, no.

Come to New York. We'll go have a proper slice.

Pizzahut? The sacrilege.

And we'll have real bagels for brunch.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

I’m almost convinced but ....I just dont want to be identified with pizzaism. I am a free spirit.

Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Simon E. wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:34 pm I’m almost convinced but ....I just dont want to be identified with pizzaism. I am a free spirit.
Speaking of free spirit and pizza....

https://existentialcomics.com/comic/211
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

:good:

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Mmmmmmm.

Pizza.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Is that a mantram Cone?

tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Tibetan bpid tsa is empty of all qualities ... yet manifestly causing tṛṣṇā .
You neither have to leave it nor purchase it.
It is the same taste.
Just leave it as it is.

(free translation from the bpid tsa snying thig)
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

tatpurusa wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:23 am Tibetan bpid tsa is empty of all qualities ... yet manifestly causing tṛṣṇā .
You neither have to leave it nor purchase it.
It is the same taste.
Just leave it as it is.

(free translation from the bpid tsa snying thig)
On the absolute level, sure, pizza hut is of the same taste as pizza express or my favorite trattoria in naples.

But here on the relative level, one of those three is a pizza, one is an acceptable approximation of a pizza, and the other is an unholy abortion that should never have existed
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Pizza (Tibetan: "rbpid tsa", also called "tsampai thigle") is most commonly used by traditional Western Buddhists in their tsok offerings.
Less traditional types use spaghetti (made from the same substances) instead.

Tormas prepared from "rbpid tsa" are considered especially auspicious, as they contain tsampa and the best of red- and white substances all in one.

There are different traditional torma figures made from these ingredients used by Western Buddhists, one of the best known called "Al Coppane" (name referring to the Western Buddhist saint "Al Capone" who introduced mind-enhancing substances to the United States)
His balls are prepared with "coppa" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capocollo, hence the slightly altered name.

There is also a purely Vegan variant of a torma figure based on these substances called "Spaghetti Monster". This one has become so popular that nowdays there is even a Neobuddhist sect called "The Church of the Gracefully Flying Spaghetti Monster" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster. They emphasize in their doctrines and practices the atheist aspect of Western Buddhism.

Both torma figures are commercialized by the Buddhist restaurant chain Pizza Hut. At some point they even produced a Vegan version of their figure "Al Coppane" with his balls made of pomodorini instead of coppa. They stopped its production though after vehement protest by followers of Al Capone claiming balls of pomodorini were clearly respectless to their saint.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

What about the Calzone controversy? Where do we stand on that? Does your lineage fold or not fold?

Return to “Games & Humour”