Yes or No ...

Just for fun
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Yes or No ...

Post by DNS »

Yes, with not too much luck; most of the time it doesn't survive. The ground is too hard and dry here in Vegas. Most of our ground here is caliche, which is like cement.

Nice avatar, Ayu, is that for Día de Muertos today?

There is a big celebration for Día de Muertos here in Vegas, with our large Latino populations.

Alternatively, if someone else wants to answer:

Do you celebrate Día de Muertos?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

No. Mexico is far away for me, physically and mentally. The picture is an artwork I had to do. The teacher said: Create something cool ... Now I saw it again after a while and I think I'll paint it again, bigger now as a portrait without landscape. :smile:

Have you ever suffered from procrastinating jobs you had to do?
Blackthorne

Post by Blackthorne »

A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:10 pm No

Was George Washington a Freemason. ??
Yes and I believe he was 18 when he joined. Most jurisdictions allow petitions for those 21 and over.

Blackthorne
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Blackthorne wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:15 am

Yes and I believe he was 18 when he joined. Most jurisdictions allow petitions for those 21 and over.

Blackthorne
Did you know (before seeing this link) that he was a Master Mason, the highest rank in freemasons, at the age of 21 in year 1753?
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/ ... 753-120939
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

No. I don't even know who you are talking about.

Do you enjoy your non-party-new-year's-eve-party?
Budai

Post by Budai »

Ayu wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:01 pm No. I don't even know who you are talking about.

Do you enjoy your non-party-new-year's-eve-party?
Yes! I am enjoying my party, especially with my dancing Skeletons!

Do you plan on entering Mahapanirvana after the completion of your current lifetime in the Saha world? :thumbsup:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

No. I plan to get reborn in a Dharma related place in order to help sentient beings on their path. I don't want to leave them alone. It seems to me, as soon as I am more developed than now, I should build up an orphanage. Or some direction like this.

This thread is really old. Do you think, the time for yes or no games is over?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

No, not quite yet.

What do you plan to do differently in 2021?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

No. :tongue:

I do plan some things loosly I'm working on, but I can only hope things turn out well.

Do your plans for the next year use to work smoothly?
Caoimhghín

Post by Caoimhghín »

DNS wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:50 am
Blackthorne wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:15 am

Blackthorne
Did you know (before seeing this link) that he was a Master Mason, the highest rank in freemasons, at the age of 21 in year 1753?
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/ ... 753-120939
I thought Grand Inspector General was the highest rank?

My dad comes from a mason family. We had an oil painting hung up in my dad's room that he got from his dad:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (11.98 KiB) Viewed 11542 times
It was a version of this image but slightly different.
Then, the monks uttered this gāthā:

These bodies are like foam.
Them being frail, who can rejoice in them?
The Buddha attained the vajra-body.
Still, it becomes inconstant and ruined.
The many Buddhas are vajra-entities.
All are also subject to inconstancy.
Quickly ended, like melting snow --
how could things be different?

The Buddha passed into parinirvāṇa afterward.
(T1.27b10 Mahāparinirvāṇasūtra DĀ 2)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Caoimhghín wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:48 pm I thought Grand Inspector General was the highest rank?
My dad comes from a mason family. We had an oil painting hung up in my dad's room that he got from his dad:
You're probably right, I know very little about the Masons. My father was a mason too. He asked me if I wanted to join around the time I turned 18 and I said no. I think it's a dying organization as the next generations were / are not interested in it. And all of the "secrets" have come out in the open, thanks to the internet.

My kids greeted him one day with all of the "secret" greetings which they found on the internet. He was very disappointed that it's all out in the open now. :tongue:

Do you belong to any secret organizations?
Caoimhghín

Post by Caoimhghín »

DNS wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:55 pm Do you belong to any secret organizations?
Yes, but they are neither Buddhist nor Masonic.

Oooooh, so spooky!

:toilet:

Buddhist esoterica: They say you come for the Buddhism, but stay for the Hinduism.

I have to ask a question now. I stumbled into the thread without knowing it.

Do you believe that nāgas are real animals?
Then, the monks uttered this gāthā:

These bodies are like foam.
Them being frail, who can rejoice in them?
The Buddha attained the vajra-body.
Still, it becomes inconstant and ruined.
The many Buddhas are vajra-entities.
All are also subject to inconstancy.
Quickly ended, like melting snow --
how could things be different?

The Buddha passed into parinirvāṇa afterward.
(T1.27b10 Mahāparinirvāṇasūtra DĀ 2)
Budai

Post by Budai »

Caoimhghín wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:15 pm Do you believe that nāgas are real animals?
Yes, I recently went to their Deva realm and turned into one, alongside another Emanation of me who is up there. There are many Celestial Serpents there as well as Dragons. Puff Puff. They help humanity greatly.

Do you regret entering or being in the Saha world, whether you have fallen or not?
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

No, not for an instant. It's a good place to work - if "work" is the right word for what I'm doing.

If you could choose to see and interact with ghosts, would you?

:coffee:
Budai

Post by Budai »

Yes, I do all the time. I value them as human beings and often ask them if they want to cross over, chanting mantras for them and trying to bring them to find meaning in them.

If you could do all of the things Shakyamuni did throughout His entire life, outlined throughout Buddhism and in the Lotus Sutra (here is a definitive Chapter for those who haven't read it, about His Life Span), from beginning to end, fighting through all the hardships in your own way despite the evils of the material world, going through the highs and lows of His life, throughout many, many lifetimes saving others in the Saha world, would you, to save others as He did? :reading:
Last edited by Budai on Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Brahma wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:37 pm Yes, I do all the time. I value them as human beings and often ask them if they want to cross over, chanting mantras for them and trying to bring them to find meaning in them.

If you could do all of the things Shakyamuni did throughout His entire life, outlined throughout Buddhism and in the Lotus Sutra (here is a definitive Chapter for those who haven't read it, about His Life Span), from beginning to end, fighting through all the hardships in your own way despite the evils of the material world, going through the highs and lows of His life, throughout many, many lifetimes saving others in the Saha world, would you, to save others as He did? :reading:
Wow, what questions! No, I'm not ready for anything like this... but it's powerful inspiration to one day get there!

If you could cheat death and live endlessly in this world if you wished, would you?
Budai

Post by Budai »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:37 pm
Brahma wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:37 pm Yes, I do all the time. I value them as human beings and often ask them if they want to cross over, chanting mantras for them and trying to bring them to find meaning in them.

Wow, what questions! No, I'm not ready for anything like this... but it's powerful inspiration to one day get there!

If you could cheat death and live endlessly in this world if you wished, would you?
No, to your question! This world is pitiful, full of pain, full of suffering, and sorrow. We must look to the Pure-Land of the Spiritual World, and if one doesn't understand that, then Mahaparinirvana. That is the Highest Aspiration.

If you could make all of your deepest wants and desires come true right now, would you? [Or would you continue to work as a Buddhist trying to overcome desire and craving?]
Last edited by Budai on Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

No. I'm weary of get wish quick schemes.

Are you ever *tempted* to trigger people arguing online just for fun? (Whether or not you actually would)
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Hazel wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:29 am No. I'm weary of get wish quick schemes.

Are you ever *tempted* to trigger people arguing online just for fun? (Whether or not you actually would)
No. Only when I'm sick, lying in bed for days, deadly bored - in those times I have to keep away from the keyboard, because I cause trouble even by saying "Hello". ;)

Can you sing this?

Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Ayu wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:39 pm
Hazel wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:29 am No. I'm weary of get wish quick schemes.

No. Only when I'm sick, lying in bed for days, deadly bored - in those times I have to keep away from the keyboard, because I cause trouble even by saying "Hello". ;)

Can you sing this?

Yes....ish. And I'm going to be so mad if this is now stuck in my head >:-(.

Do mantras or prayers with melodies get stuck in your head?
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Return to “Games & Humour”