Monk Ki Balls

Just for fun
Mantrik
Former staff member

Monk Ki Balls

Post by Mantrik »

Another opportunity to share the joyful power of the Monk who hurls his students into space with his awesome Ki power!

Be amazed at their electrified leaping from the merest touch!

Learn how to develop the super-powers of The Champions of yore, as Tibet's martial art is finally revealed to the world!

http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Monk Ki Balls

Post by Queequeg »

Appears to be a real promo video for a guy named Lama Dondrup Dorje.

https://www.pathgate.org/index.php/abou ... -institute

I dunno man. India. Between this place and Osho's place in Pune, and a tens of thousands of other places geared to part gullible Westerners from their dollars and euros, the opportunities to goof toward enlightenment abound.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

Why wasn't I notified of this years ago?
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

I can't decide what I find funnier the throwing themselves around or the backing music :jumping:
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Queequeg wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 pm Appears to be a real promo video for a guy named Lama Dondrup Dorje.

https://www.pathgate.org/index.php/abou ... -institute

I dunno man. India. Between this place and Osho's place in Pune, and a tens of thousands of other places geared to part gullible Westerners from their dollars and euros, the opportunities to goof toward enlightenment abound.
When I was in Pune some years ago I was astounded to see how many had escaped to chow down in the city's restaurants and revert to the spoiled western tourist mentality. But then, of course, I reminded myself, the whole place was set up like Club 18-30 resort, and sooner or later even the most randy space cadet longs for escape.

I recall that years ago, when this video was first posted, someone owned up to being this Lama's student and aside from the whacky martial art he seemed pretty ordinary. This is a weird take on Ki Aikido, which itself relies mostly on people being trained to become compliant. Place one solid beginner in front of the Ki Master and......nope, he won't fly. Having said that, I have attacked a genuine Aikido master and found myself suddenly many yards away in a lot of pain wondering wtf hit me, why my face was bleeding and my arm was hanging like a broken tree branch.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I went to two "teachings" by this guy in Athens.

He claimed he was the official representative for the Palyul lineage in Greece, so I sent an email to the central organisation asking if this was the case. No, of course I did not ever receive an answer. :roll:

His students tried to persuade me to do Tai Chi. I explained that I am a Muay Thai teacher and have no need to learn another martial art. They just looked at me with glazed eyes and muttered about how "different" the stuff Lama Dondrup Dorje is teaching was.

All the students gave off a strange "vibe".

He then told me I had to take Refuge. I explained that I had already taken Refuge. He insisted that I have to take Refuge with him.

I figure there is nothing wrong with taking refuge again, so I did.

Anyway. I asked him for the lung of a Guru Rinpoche sadhana so that I could practice when I returned to Lesbos.

He told me to accumulate 100,000 Vajra Guru mantra and 100,000 Eight Line Prayer to Guru Rinpoche first. So I went off and did it.

Came back a year later and told him that I had finished. He didn't remember giving me the accumulations (okay, he has plenty of students, so...) He then said I have to do Ngondro first.

I explained that I had already finished the full Ngondro accumulations in the Karma Kagyu tradition.

NO, I had to do the specific Ngondro. To do this I had to follow a series of (paid, of course) teachings over a period of time.

I had finished a bunch of translations of Sutta into Greek and gave a copy (for free) to him to pass on to his Greek students.

He then started some sectarian bullshit.

I did not return to the school.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Grigoris wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 am I went to two "teachings" by this guy in Athens.

He claimed he was the official representative for the Palyul lineage in Greece, so I sent an email to the central organisation asking if this was the case. No, of course I did not ever receive an answer. :roll:

His students tried to persuade me to do Tai Chi. I explained that I am a Muay Thai teacher and have no need to learn another martial art. They just looked at me with glazed eyes and muttered about how "different" the stuff Lama Dondrup Dorje is teaching was.

All the students gave off a strange "vibe".

He then told me I had to take Refuge. I explained that I had already taken Refuge. He insisted that I have to take Refuge with him.

I figure there is nothing wrong with taking refuge again, so I did.

Anyway. I asked him for the lung of a Guru Rinpoche sadhana so that I could practice when I returned to Lesbos.

He told me to accumulate 100,000 Vajra Guru mantra and 100,000 Eight Line Prayer to Guru Rinpoche first. So I went off and did it.

Came back a year later and told him that I had finished. He didn't remember giving me the accumulations (okay, he has plenty of students, so...) He then said I have to do Ngondro first.

I explained that I had already finished the full Ngondro accumulations in the Karma Kagyu tradition.

NO, I had to do the specific Ngondro. To do this I had to follow a series of (paid, of course) teachings over a period of time.

I had finished a bunch of translations of Sutta into Greek and gave a copy (for free) to him to pass on to his Greek students.

He then started some sectarian bullshit.

I did not return to the school.
Wow - sorry to hear that. It's one thing to be deluded about your martial arts ability and have a load of even more deluded stooges, but ripping people off as a Dharma teacher is unforgivable.

Reminds me of going to see a Bon teacher for a chat about Khyung - or so I thought. Initial demand was £60 to see him, then a compulsory £60 for Ngondro and a compulsory weekend at a further £120. When I refused his minions pestered. A pretty female friend had similar experiences but with an invitation to a house for Khorde Rushan. She declined. Caveat emptor - some want money, some want more.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Mantrik wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 pmWow - sorry to hear that. It's one thing to be deluded about your martial arts ability and have a load of even more deluded stooges, but ripping people off as a Dharma teacher is unforgivable.

Reminds me of going to see a Bon teacher for a chat about Khyung - or so I thought. Initial demand was £60 to see him, then a compulsory £60 for Ngondro and a compulsory weekend at a further £120. When I refused his minions pestered. A pretty female friend had similar experiences but with an invitation to a house for Khorde Rushan. She declined. Caveat emptor - some want money, some want more.
No need to feel sorry for me. I had enough experience and confidence by then to be able to see BS.

Better to feel sorry for the people following him wasting their time and to feel sorry for him because the outcome of this behaviour is not going to be pleasant once he hits the bardo.

The must upsetting part was what I perceived as a lack of substance in his teachings.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Two questions.

1) the title of thread.... how do we pronounce that exactly?

2) Can anyone take these teachings? Is it ok to bring a friend? Like, say, Mike Tyson?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

catmoon wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:15 am Two questions.

1) the title of thread.... how do we pronounce that exactly?

2) Can anyone take these teachings? Is it ok to bring a friend? Like, say, Mike Tyson?
Bring the Monkey King! He always has ze balls! :tongue:

Return to “Games & Humour”