Hayagriva Phurba. Why is it so hard to find info?

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Hayagriva Phurba. Why is it so hard to find info?

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Hello all,

So i have been trying to find info on the hayagriva phurba for long time now. If anyone can point me to any text or book which will tell me ANY general info about the relationship between the phurba and hayagriva, I would be so grateful. For instance, why in the world is the phurba even associated with hayagriva? Such a simple question which I cannot find an answer to.

I do NOT have a hayagriva empowerment, which should be obvious at this point, but I am seeking this actively. My lamas have not offered this. I do however have a vajrakilaya empowerment and other highest yoga Tantra empowerments. A n y t h i n g you can tell me with these things in mind is so appreciated.

In the very probably case that you cannot tell me anything at all about these things, maybe you can tell me why you think there is such a lack of info on the subject? Like you can find info about any other tantric practice readily. This is not a good thing in a lot of ways, but at least you know what you’re getting into to a certain degree?

I urge y’all to be cautious and want to be clear that I’m not here to assist anyone in samaya breakage. If these things are not for my unempowered eyes, then so be it. Just wanted to reach out on the off chance that I can learn anything at all about this practice which I feel drawn to.

Thanks so much.

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”