Question out loud

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
AnthonyKing

Question out loud

Post by AnthonyKing »

Let me bring up an issue that has worried me for many years. This forum is international, it is attended by people from different countries, and for sure there are sometimes Tibetan spiritual leaders. Therefore, this site is best suited.

What is your opinion and attitude towards such a situation, when various Rinpoches are distributing empowerments via webcast and do not give any comments about this teaching? No commentary, no sadhanas.

If there are some Tibetan priests on the forum, then the question for them is: how do you / your spiritual colleagues feel about Internet initiations? Do you give them as blessings or as methods for practice? Do you take such events seriously? Do you take your online learners (who you have never seen) seriously, take responsibility for their practice and the consequences?

The situation is very strange, teachings are given almost every day, but when after initiation you write to the Rinpoche on Facebook (asking for the name of the sadhana, some small comments on some issues), he is silent and hides his head in the sand like an ostrich.

Forgive me, but for what then are the teachings given if there are no comments, if there is no contact between teacher and student, ... if there is absolutely nothing ??? After all, the main thing in Vajrayana is the teacher-student connection.

And this, unfortunately, applies not only to online exercises, but the same thing happens offline. A famous Tibetan priest came, gathered a full audience of people, worked out a two-hour program, received an envelope with money and left. You will never hear about this Rinpoche again and you will not know anything about him.

Sorry, but the Vajrayana Initiation is not Eminem's concert. This is a spiritual activity that involves further interaction with the teacher. And everything turned into one-off concerts with Tibetan music and instruments. Exotic tours of Tibetan artists.

Sorry if you offended someone, but the topic seems to me to be important.

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”