Key to Garchen Rinpoche's Red Chenrezig image?

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
Gervond

Key to Garchen Rinpoche's Red Chenrezig image?

Post by Gervond »

Garchen Rinpoche has asked his students who are practicing Red Chenrezig to use the following visual aid:

https://garchen.net/wp-content....[Edit]

Can anyone identify the assembled Buddhas, bodhisattvas, protector deities, etc.?

For example, I realize that the topmost figure is Amitabha, and that he is flanked [Edit] I suppose that must be ... [Edit]
The central figure is, of course, Red Chenrezig, and I understand that his... [Edit]
One of the upper figures must ...

At the bottom, I think I can spot... [Edit] Beyond that it gets very confusing. Why are the central couple surrounded with what seem to be recolors of themselves? Who are the six standing (peaceful) Buddha-figures? Etc.

Thank you very much for whatever you can tell me!
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Key to Garchen Rinpoche's Red Chenrezig image?

Post by Ayu »

Hello Gervond,

I'm sorry, I edited and moved your post from Kagyu to here, because you can't have a public discussion on restricted tantric practice disclosing the diety image and their details. In this subforum 'Buddhist Tantra Talk' users cannot answer directly, they have to write a PM to you.

I hope, some dharma siblings who received this initiation in Red Chenrezig in the Kagyu lineage come along and write a PM.

:namaste:

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”