I have some questions regarding Hindu Yogins attainments

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
Artziebetter1

I have some questions regarding Hindu Yogins attainments

Post by Artziebetter1 »

I have converted to Vajrayana Buddhism from Kaula Shaktism.I have some unanswered questions wich only really a realized master with omniscience could answer 100% ,but I have decided to ask them here because there are knowledgeable practicioners here.Vajrayana Buddhism is occult,so they would also have more answers sinc they both use similar occult systems.

in Kaula Shaktism it is seen that Kali is everyone,and that everyone is Kali in a nondual way.Kashmir Shaivism and Kaula Shaktism are the same religion.in Kashmir Shaivism Kali is samvit and the highest aspect of anuttara,and the absolute is called both parabhairava and Mahakali.

There are Different ways to attain Siddhi,and the use of magic mantras wich come anew from a 'realized'Guru is very common.there is the practice of Ucchista Ganapati,wich is a tantric form of the god Ganesh,and this raises the Kundalini fast and can bestow knowledge of the future.the Fire Yogi on Youtube that sleeps on fire got his powers thru this practice.

the Greatest person in kaula Shaktism is undoubtely Matsyendranath,who studied with Yoginis in kamakhya,and heard the tantras from Shiva and parvati teachng such tantras in the ocean.he heard it in the belly of a fish.some say this is not a literal story but that he got it in Samadhi in ocean of bliss.Matsyendranath was a incarnation of Avalokitesvara and one of the 84 Mahasiddhas in Tibetan Buddhism.So there is a connection.maybe kaula dharma was created to bring people closer to buddha dharma.the shri vidya sect believes matsyendranath and the kaulas are crypto-bauddhas.

Abhinavagupta,the founder of kashmir shaivism considers Matsyendranath the founder of his sampradaya and pays homage to him in his works.

the Greatest Saint of the Kaulas in recent times was shri Ramakrishna paramahansa,and he learned kaula tantra from bhairavi brahmini a yogini that was believed to be Kali herself.he believed his wife to also be a direct incarnation of Kali and himself to be a direct avatar of vishnu.vishnu allegedly told his parents he would be born as their son.

shri Ramakrshna had knowledge of the future and met all the ten mahavidyas in visions.this is common occurance among hndu yogins,to meet hindu tantric deities in visions and have intimate encounters with them.

My questions are as follows:

1.these yogins achieve a state of great enduring bliss (either thru kundalini raising to the sahasrara or the central channel opening)and semi-omniscience,and great siddhis,how do Hindu practices bestow such and why do they sincerely believe in false aspects like atman,Isvara,advaita after having attained great siddhi?one Buddhist Tantra says that shaivite rituals only give small Siddhis,however it is possible these practices are effective because Manjushri revealed them to shaivite yogins as manjusrimakalpa says.However these Sadhanas are constantely evolving in both the sri vidya (wich evolved from kashmir shaivism wich itself evovled from the kaula)and kaula sects.

2.is it possible,Avadhuts like paramahansa ramakrishna or Sri Anandamayi ma who were great siddhas from birth are in fact Bodhisattvas preaching a dharma that would bring millions closer to buddha dharma someway?if not,how are they such semi-omniscient siddhas from birth?

3.Cakrasamvara and Vajrayogini had to come down from akinishta to subdue kali and bhairava,why then do they still preach kaula dharmas to people on this earthly plain and believe themselves to be superior Gods?maybe kali and bhairava are avalokiteshvara since shiva is accordng to the Sutras,and bhairav is a form of Shiva.

4.are the Mahavidyas,the yoginis and bhairavas and the gods in general that Hindu Yogins have relationships with really devas(Ithought all devas were buddhists) or are they evil spirits/gyalpos putting on a show?some Hindu Yogins became Yogins under the guidance of such mahavidyas appearing to them in visions telling them to become Gurus.Some Gurus achieve their mahasiddhi thru practicing sadhanas with these mahavidyas etc Some Gurus have visited kailasa or manidvipa in visions etc

5.finally,what is kundalini and nirvikalpa samadhi from a Vajrayana perspective?I have doubts that tummo and kundalini are the exact same thing,since the former is visualizing the fire element while the latter is the Goddess herself untying the bound chakras and moving up the spine to the sahasrara to bestow what hindus consider enlightenment.also shaktipat can make kundalini raise up the spine.

besides avadhuts,people generally die after nirvikalpa samadhi wich is samadhi that hindus consider the apex of their practice.I heard that the Buddha had a teacher that did practices such as this,that this only leads to the formless realms etc but many of these Gurus can appear after their deaths to help their followers in a shakti deha or baindava body.Ramakrishna surely appeared to his followers in visions after his death etc how is this possible?

sorry if this is too much to ask.my faith would greatly benefit if I had answers to these questions.I mean dont worry,I believe 100% in Buddhadharma and I am convinced of Madhyamaka logic above Kashmir shaivite philosophy.of course,there are visions,delogs,siddhas and avatars within Tibetan Buddhism aswell.

everyone have a Blessed day! :namaste:

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”