Forum Updates

Messages from the admin team about how the forum operates. Please read them!
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Forum Updates

Post by Admin_PC »

Dear Forum Members,

Please take notice that we have revised the Terms of Service which we hope will bring greater clarity and understanding of the rules for DharmaWheel.net.

Some substantive additions to note - we've included sections on Membership, classes of Membership, an explanation of Moderator role and responsibilities, and introduction of the new Moderation Discussion Sub-Forum.

Please take a few minutes to review the Terms of Service, particularly the Posting Rules.

-The Moderation Team
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Forum Updates

Post by Ayu »

Admin_PC wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:52 pm Dear Forum Members,

Please take notice that we have revised the Terms of Service which we hope will bring greater clarity and understanding of the rules for DharmaWheel.net.

Some substantive additions to note - we've included sections on Membership, classes of Membership, an explanation of Moderator role and responsibilities, and introduction of the new Moderation Discussion Sub-Forum.

Please take a few minutes to review the Terms of Service, particularly the Posting Rules.

-The Moderation Team
I think, you did a fine work. Looks very sane and reasonable.

Is that Moderation Discussion Sub-Forum already online? I can't see it.
Last edited by Ayu on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Ayu wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 pm Is that Moderation Discussion Sub-Forum already online? I can't see it.
Not yet. Should be soon though! ;)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Grigoris wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:43 pm
Ayu wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 pm Is that Moderation Discussion Sub-Forum already online? I can't see it.
Not yet. Should be soon though! ;)
Actually it should've been up for days now.
Will have to double check permissions.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

The link on the main page does not work however clicking on 'Suggestion Box' the Moderation Discussion forum appears right at the top in its own section. It is visible (to me at least) whether logged in or not. :coffee:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Great, now it is there! :twothumbsup:
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

DW Community,

Please take notice that several months ago we updated our member categories.

All new members and select other members were in a category called Newly Registered Users (NRU) which required moderator review and approval of all posts.

We split the NRU into a Newly Registered Users and Moderated Users (MU). NRU now includes only new members. ) Other users whose posting history has necessitated close moderation for all posts are now in the MU. This designation is not identified to anyone but the Mod Team.

See this post for our formal explanation: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=30556
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Announcements”