Long Life Empowerment by His Holiness’ Sakya Trizin

dzogchungpa

Long Life Empowerment by His Holiness’ Sakya Trizin

Post by dzogchungpa »

http://www.tanc.org/long-life-empowerme ... ya-trizin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can someone explain what this kind of empowerment is? Is there a deity involved?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
conebeckham

Re: Long Life Empowerment by His Holiness’ Sakya Trizin

Post by conebeckham »

In the past, His Holiness Sakya Trizin has offered the Long Life Empowerment based on Thangtong Gyalpo, here in the Bay Area. I'd bet this is what he will be giving again, though there are no details.
There are quite a few long life empowerments and practices--lots of sadhanas have auxiliary "long life" practices connected with them--for example, Guru Rinpoche's Konchok Chidu, Red Chenrezig Gyalwa Gyatso, ....and of course there's Amitayus, and White Tara, and Ushnishavijaya....

I plan on being there!
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

In reply to my request for information I receieved the following:

This special Amitayu initiation comes from the lineage line of Mahasiddha Thangtong Gyalpo, who has a special connection with the Sakya School. It is known as the 100 year Long Life initiation because over the centuries hundreds of practitioners have lived over 100 years practicing the techniques of the meditation and mantra recitation that will be imparted by His Holiness Sakya Trizin during the initiation.

Tenzin T Wangdu
President
Tibetan Association of Northern California
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

He gave the Thangtong Gyalpo Tsewang, but more slowly and with more explanation this time. Very wonderful. HH is truly Vajradhara in person. He also gave a lung, I believe if was for the daily practice of Khon Luk Kilaya.

I'm looking for the Tibetan Sadhana, which is a treasure of Choje Lingpa's (Thanks, Namdrol!) if anyone has any knowledge...?? It's not in Rinchen Terdzo. I looked.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

conebeckham wrote:He gave the Thangtong Gyalpo Tsewang, but more slowly and with more explanation this time. Very wonderful. HH is truly Vajradhara in person. He also gave a lung, I believe if was for the daily practice of Khon Luk Kilaya.

I'm looking for the Tibetan Sadhana, which is a treasure of Choje Lingpa's (Thanks, Namdrol!) if anyone has any knowledge...?? It's not in Rinchen Terdzo. I looked.
I suggest you ask HHST for the sadhana personally. I fyou get it, I will translate it for you.

N
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Namdrol--If I get it, I'll translate it, and you can check my translation! yes? :shrug:
I have no direct contact with His Holiness, though I had one private interview years ago, but I have a friend who may be able to help.....

(I have a short phoneticized version, pretty short with the visualization description, maybe 12-16 lines, the praise, the mantra, and the dissolution......but no English, and no real Tibetan from which to translate)....

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

conebeckham wrote:Namdrol--If I get it, I'll translate it, and you can check my translation! yes? :shrug:
I have no direct contact with His Holiness, though I had one private interview years ago, but I have a friend who may be able to help.....

(I have a short phoneticized version, pretty short with the visualization description, maybe 12-16 lines, the praise, the mantra, and the dissolution......but no English, and no real Tibetan from which to translate)....

Just as long as I get the text...:-)
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Ah- Ha...I see, ulterior motives!
:smile:

I'll see what I can do....I'm going to start by tracing back my Phonetics-Only version to perhaps find the source....and certainly, if and when I get the text, I will happily send you a copy.

fred112

Post by fred112 »

Did anyone ever get a copy of this? Cheers
ChagnaDorje

Post by ChagnaDorje »

If someone need text of this sadhana, you can check this one:
http://rtz.tsadra.org/index.php/Terdzo- ... betan_Text

There you can find short sadhana, and, as I understand, explanations.

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”