Shantideva’s Bodhicharyavatara begins 5/11 online

PadmaVonSamba

Shantideva’s Bodhicharyavatara begins 5/11 online

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

I have been very impressed with Dr. Hun Lye’s presentations in the past. Be prepared to take notes! He is able to approach topics simultaneously as both an academic scholar and as a Lama. Very accessible and understandable even for beginners.

Starting on May 11, Dr. Hun Lye begins a new series on the Indian Buddhist classic Bodhicharyavatara. In this timeless instruction, its author, Shantideva offers us the Buddha’s “universal vehicle” (mahāyāna) teachings on wisdom & compassion distilled into the singular concept of “awakened heart” (bodhicitta). This series will be conducted using the Zoom platform.

Classes are on Tuesday and Saturday mornings, 9-11 AM, New York Time. You can participate to whatever degree you are able to. Recordings of each class will be posted on Dr. Lye’s Drikung Dharmakirti YouTube channel a day or so after each class so that you can watch it before the next class comes around. As with other Urban Dharma programs, this series is offered on a donation/dana basis.

Dr. Lye will guide us through this celebrated text with his signature style that unifies a deeply heartfelt as well as intellectually honest approach to engaging and embodying Buddhist classics.

To receive further details & important updates on this series, please subscribe here: https://udharmanc.ck.page/bodhicharya

When you enter your email to subscribe, you will receive an automated email with the Zoom login information. If you don’t see an email within 5-10 minutes, you might want to do a search on your email reader as the automated email might have been marked as “spam mail” by hypersensitive email reader screenings.

This program is offered in collaboration with Drikung Dharma Chakra Center, Singapore. It is our intention to offer translations of the teachings into Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Jeff H

Re: Shantideva’s Bodhicharyavatara begins 5/11 online

Post by Jeff H »

Thanks for the heads-up. I attended the first session this morning and I found Dr. Hun Lye to be very engaging. Looking forward to following this series.
Where now is my mind engaged? - Shantideva

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”