Sakya Trichen New York June 2020

ThreeVows

Sakya Trichen New York June 2020

Post by ThreeVows »

Major Empowerment June 2020 From Sakya Trichen in New York

https://sakyatemple.org/tsembupa-avalok ... teachings/

“Tsembupa Avalokiteshvara is a very special anuttarayoga tantra version of the practice of the Greatly Compassionate One. It originates from the great Tibetan mahasiddha Tsembupa...

His Holiness will begin the Tsembupa Avalokiteshvara program by bestowing a two-day Avalokiteshvara Major Empowerment on June 13-14, followed by the one-day Avalokiteshvara initiation of the Combination of Mahamudra and Great Compassion.

Following the empowerments, His Holiness will bestow four days of instructions on how to practice the Tsembupa Avalokiteshvara meditation and associated yogas.”
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Virgo

Re: Sakya Trichen New York June 2020

Post by Virgo »

Hi Seeker, I hope enjoy the event. I won't be there, but I did just notice the travel page: https://sakyatemple.org/how-to-visit/

You can also get a flight to Stewart which is much closer by than JFK is from some destinations:

https://www.swfny.com/flight/airlines

The Amtrak Empire line also goes to Poughkeepsie, which is abougt 40 minutes away.

Virgo
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Virgo wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:39 am You can also get a flight to Stewart which is much closer by than JFK is from some destinations:
Wow that seems like extremely helpful information, that's like 10 miles away from the event location.

Thank you for sharing. I'm looking into going to at least some of it, and I would almost certainly fly into Stewart.

Thanks!
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

From JFK there’s a bus to Grand Central and then a train to New Beacon. I hear there’s a bus that goes across the river closer to Walden.

Getting a ride from the bus is another issue.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Seeker12 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:33 pm Wow that seems like extremely helpful information, that's like 10 miles away from the event location.

Thank you for sharing. I'm looking into going to at least some of it, and I would almost certainly fly into Stewart.

Thanks!
I am happy you found it useful.

Virgo

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”