Tulku Sang.ngag R.; Nyingtig Yabzhi and Longchen Nyingtig; Santa Fe NM; Nov. 1 thru Nov.10 2019

schubertian

Tulku Sang.ngag R.; Nyingtig Yabzhi and Longchen Nyingtig; Santa Fe NM; Nov. 1 thru Nov.10 2019

Post by schubertian »

From Ewam, which is Tulku Sang.ngag's organization:
This year’s empowerments, oral transmission and teachings have been opened again to all serious Vajrayana practitioners, including those who were not in attendance in 2018.

This year, there will be teachings on Longchenpa’s Resting At Ease trilogy (Semnyi Ngalso),
and a continuation of the Nyingtig Yabzhi oral transmissions (lung).

In addition, Rinpoche has decided to bestow the complete Empowerments related to the Longchen Nyingtig root texts according to the special arrangement of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
Also, for those who attended the retreat last year, then Jamgon Kongtrul's Drime Shalung will be given in the future:
In the future, Rinpoche will bestow the Drime Shelung, for which last year’s empowerments will be required. The Empowerments were concluded last year, but the extensive oral transmissions will continue this year. In order to receive a full transmission of the Nyingtig Yabzhi, all three - empowerments, oral transmissions and instructions - are required.

The Drimed Shelung are Jamgon Kongtrul’s explanatory instruction on the Nyingtig Yabzhi, which Tulku Sang-ngag received directly from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. They are the culmination of these transmissions, similar to what the Yeshe Lama is to the Longchen Nyingtig cycle. Since these are Dzogchen level instructions, Rinpoche will first lay the foundation by teaching Semnyi Ngalso, with an emphasis on the mind training section.
The activities will be at the SITE location in Santa Fe. This is an art museum near the center of town. An auditorium will be reserved for the program.
https://sitesantafe.org/

Ewam's announcement is here:
http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/r ... wPage=true

There are a few hotels nearby. I stayed at the Sage Inn last year. There is also a Hotel 66 equally nearby. Sage is a bit pricier than the 66 but every bit as seedy, so take your pick. It is convenient having them right near by. There are restaurants and the inevitable Whole Foods across the street.

Here is a list of the empowerments that are planned:
November 1st-10th 2019 in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Transmission List:
1- Purifying the Lower Realms: Assembly of the Peaceful and Wrathful Ones
2- Gathering of The Vidyadharas: Peaceful Inner Accomplishment of the Guru (Rigdzin Dupa)
3-Blazing Fierce Guru Hayagriva Garuda (Takyung Barwa)
4-Guru Offering Ceremony of Vajrassatva
5- Great Glorious Assembly: Fierce Guru (Palchen Dupa)
6-Manjusri Yamantaka Who Overwhelms The Lord Of Death
7-Hayagriva Play of the Three Realms
8-Nine Crescent Moons: Uniting with Genuine Buddha
9-Overwhelming the Hordes of Maras: Vajrakilaya
10- Natural Liberation of Suffering: Great Compassionate One (Dukngel Rangdrol)
11-Tigle Gyachen Guru Accomplishment
12- Yumka Queen of Great Bliss (Yumka Dechen Gyalmo):
-Outer Accomplishment: Glorious Garland of Great Bliss (Dechen Paltreng)
-From the Inner Accomplishment: Initiation of the Twenty-One Taras – Peaceful activity - long life
empowerments and so forth.
-Secret Accomplishment: Lion-Faced Goddess (Sengdongma)
Matt J

Re: Tulku Sang.ngag R.; Nyingtig Yabzhi and Longchen Nyingtig; Santa Fe NM; Nov. 1 thru Nov.10 2019

Post by Matt J »

That is a lot of practices. How do you find time to do them all?
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
schubertian

Re: Tulku Sang.ngag R.; Nyingtig Yabzhi and Longchen Nyingtig; Santa Fe NM; Nov. 1 thru Nov.10 2019

Post by schubertian »

Oh, well, I just have the staff do all that - just like last year, I was given a zen koan - I set the help to working on it 8 hours a day - freed me up, that's for sure

"What do you suppose it means"
"I just don't know, Mr Schubertian, it doesn't make any sense"
"More sanzen!!"
schubertian

Post by schubertian »

But to answer your question the list of empowerments represents the main practices contained within the 'dharma cycle' of the Longchen Nyingtig. They include absolutely everything and are a complete path to enlightenment.

Depending on your situation you Guru would plot a path through all of this based on your completing a Ngondro, and performing various retreats over the years. He or she would monitor your progress and together you would make these practices your own, as it were.

It think everyone has the experience that certain practices seem to be more natural and powerful than others and so that would enter in as well.

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

:rolling:
schubertian wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 pm Oh, well, I just have the staff do all that - just like last year, I was given a zen koan - I set the help to working on it 8 hours a day - freed me up, that's for sure

"What do you suppose it means"
"I just don't know, Mr Schubertian, it doesn't make any sense"
"More sanzen!!"
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
schubertian

Post by schubertian »

Will anyone else be attending this NY/LN program?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

schubertian wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:29 pm But to answer your question the list of empowerments represents the main practices contained within the 'dharma cycle' of the Longchen Nyingtig. They include absolutely everything and are a complete path to enlightenment.

Depending on your situation you Guru would plot a path through all of this based on your completing a Ngondro, and performing various retreats over the years. He or she would monitor your progress and together you would make these practices your own, as it were.

It think everyone has the experience that certain practices seem to be more natural and powerful than others and so that would enter in as well.

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Only that your answer is consistent with my experience, though in different lineage. I received a big "list" of wangs, etc., back at a retreat in 1996. I've been practicing them ever since, in a gradual and somewhat systematic way. I find myself still inspired by recalling that retreat.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”