Sakya Trichen and Sakya Trizin Avalokiteshvara Empowerment and Instructions

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
ThreeVows

Sakya Trichen and Sakya Trizin Avalokiteshvara Empowerment and Instructions

Post by ThreeVows »

Dear Dharma Brothers and Sisters,

This Saturday, December 4 at 9:30 am New York time, His Holiness the 41st Sakya Trichen will bestow the initiation of Avalokiteshvara, the embodiment of all the Buddhas' great compassion.

The next day, Sunday, December 5 at 9:30 am, His Holiness the 42nd Sakya Trizin will bestow an explanation of the Avalokiteshvara practice known as Combination of Great Compassion and Mahamudra.

This transmission must be received live; no recording will later be available. These events are available free of charge.
50D6A63F-EC8B-48BC-A441-43E83E9F4739.jpeg
50D6A63F-EC8B-48BC-A441-43E83E9F4739.jpeg (78.72 KiB) Viewed 8079 times
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
KoreanDharma

Re: Sakya Trichen and Sakya Trizin Avalokiteshvara Empowerment and Instructions

Post by KoreanDharma »

Will there be a link to the for the YouTube livestream?
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

KoreanDharma wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:39 am Will there be a link to the for the YouTube livestream?
This is all I have

https://sites.google.com/sakyatemple.or ... mudra/home
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Seeker12 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:02 pm
KoreanDharma wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:39 am Will there be a link to the for the YouTube livestream?
This is all I have

https://sites.google.com/sakyatemple.or ... mudra/home
It will be on facebook, Sakya Dolma Phodrang, and Youtube.
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:02 pm It will be on facebook, Sakya Dolma Phodrang, and Youtube.
Do you happen to know the exact name of the empowerment and/or any other information about it?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Seeker12 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:20 pm
Malcolm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:02 pm It will be on facebook, Sakya Dolma Phodrang, and Youtube.
Do you happen to know the exact name of the empowerment and/or any other information about it?
Yes, it is literally the initiation of the Union of Mahākāruṇika and Mahāmudrā. Here is the full text in Tibetan:

http://www.tbrc.org/eBooks/W23681-2418-13-28-any.pdf

It is an important Sakya sadhana tradition that comes from Sachen Kunga Nyingpo, and ultimately from Mahāsiddha Vajrasanapa, the guru of Bari Lotsawa. Bari Lotsawa was Sachen's tutor and the second throne holder of Sakya.
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 pm Yes, it is literally the initiation of the Union of Mahākāruṇika and Mahāmudrā
Thanks.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 pm
Seeker12 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:20 pm
Yes, it is literally the initiation of the Union of Mahākāruṇika and Mahāmudrā. Here is the full text in Tibetan:

http://www.tbrc.org/eBooks/W23681-2418-13-28-any.pdf

It is an important Sakya sadhana tradition that comes from Sachen Kunga Nyingpo, and ultimately from Mahāsiddha Vajrasanapa, the guru of Bari Lotsawa. Bari Lotsawa was Sachen's tutor and the second throne holder of Sakya.
So, this is more of a Mahamudra text?
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Is this the same Sadhana called ‘Ocean of Compassion’ or a different one?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:51 pm Is this the same Sadhana called ‘Ocean of Compassion’ or a different one?
Completely different. That is from Thagthong Gyalpo. HHST gave the transmission for that a few weeks ago.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Malcolm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:39 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:51 pm Is this the same Sadhana called ‘Ocean of Compassion’ or a different one?
Completely different. That is from Thagthong Gyalpo. HHST gave the transmission for that a few weeks ago.

Cool, thanks. I could swear it is not Thangtong Gyalpo though, I thought that was Filling Space to Benefit Beings. I'll check my copy.

EDIT: it's credited to Ngorchen Gonchok Lhundrub. This sadhana (it is not restricted and ok to discuss here afaik) contains a "mahamudra" section and in the preface refers to itself as combining Great Compassion and Mahamudra in the preface by Dagchen Rinpoche, that is why I am asking whether it is the same.

-Khunu Lama
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:05 am

Cool, thanks. I could swear it is not Thangtong Gyalpo though, I thought that was Filling Space to Benefit Beings. I'll check my copy.

EDIT: it's credited to Ngorchen Gonchok Lhundrub. This sadhana (it is not restricted and ok to discuss here afaik) contains a "mahamudra" section and in the preface refers to itself as combining Great Compassion and Mahamudra in the preface by Dagchen Rinpoche, that is why I am asking whether it is the same.
Ok, that’s not the actual Tibetan title of Konchok Lhundrup’s text, but yes, it is that text.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

BTW:
At the vajra advice of His Holiness the Sakya Trichen, Vajrayana texts are not to be posted or transmitted by electronic means in order to preserve the samaya commitment of secrecy. Therefore, The Simultaneous Practice of the Greatly Compassionate One and Mahamudra with Instructions by Very Venerable Dezhung Rinpoche is available only in paper copy through the postal service.
Granted, in this day and age…
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Malcolm wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 am

BTW:
At the vajra advice of His Holiness the Sakya Trichen, Vajrayana texts are not to be posted or transmitted by electronic means in order to preserve the samaya commitment of secrecy. Therefore, The Simultaneous Practice of the Greatly Compassionate One and Mahamudra with Instructions by Very Venerable Dezhung Rinpoche is available only in paper copy through the postal service.
Ok so to be clear though, the initiation is for the text I’m talking about? I don’t mind ordering it if not, if it is the text I’m talking about, I own it and have had the lung, initiation, etc.

-Khunu Lama
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:15 am
Malcolm wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 am

BTW:
Ok so to be clear though, the initiation is for the text I’m talking about? I don’t mind ordering it if not, if it is the text I’m talking about, I own it and have had the lung, initiation, etc.
Yes, it’s for that transmission.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Gotcha, thanks.

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Dharma Events”