Pema Osel Ling: 100 Peaceful and Wrathful Deities (Shitro) Retreat, June 7-9

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
cjdevries

Pema Osel Ling: 100 Peaceful and Wrathful Deities (Shitro) Retreat, June 7-9

Post by cjdevries »

https://www.vajrayana.org/events/199/

100 Peaceful and Wrathful Deities (Shitro) Retreat and Neydren Ceremony to help the deceased, June 7-9 Summer Retreat Streaming, through Pema Osel Ling.

Information that was sent out:

"Tulku Jamyang Rinpoche and Lama Sonam Rinpoche will lead our annual Shitro Ngakso Retreat, offered again this year by streaming.

Shitro refers to the one hundred peaceful and wrathful deities inherent in ourselves and appearing in the bardo after death. Recognizing them as a manifestation of our own mind leads to liberation.

Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche compiled this 100 Peaceful and Wrathful Deity practice* as a method for practitioners to achieve enlightenment during this life or in the Bardo, by removing obstacles to the path, restoring broken vows and samayas, and recognizing the true nature of beings manifesting in all samsaric realms.

During each of the three days, we will do a Neydren Ceremony to help sentient beings who are wandering in the bardo. Everyone is welcome to make offerings and send in the names of their deceased loved ones, including pets.

We hope you will join us to participate in these pujas, and to pray for the liberation of all beings who have passed, especially those who have been victims of the coronavirus pandemic. You may attend the live stream according to your schedule, and recordings of the sessions will be available for up to one month for those who register."
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
GrapeLover

Re: Pema Osel Ling: 100 Peaceful and Wrathful Deities (Shitro) Retreat, June 7-9

Post by GrapeLover »

Thank you for sharing! Thank you for sharing!
cjdevries

Re: Pema Osel Ling: 100 Peaceful and Wrathful Deities (Shitro) Retreat, June 7-9

Post by cjdevries »

Yes, sure thing!
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi

Return to “Dharma Events”