Garchen Rinpoche Shitro

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
ThreeVows

Garchen Rinpoche Shitro

Post by ThreeVows »

THE PRECIOUS SHITRO EMPOWERMENT & PHOWA TRANSMISSION
Essential for Dharma Students in Our Unprecedented Times
Bestowed by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
Saturday, March 6th, 4 – 7 p.m. EST, Shitro Empowerment

Sunday, March 7th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.EST , Phowa Transmission & Phowa/Bardo Teachings

https://gardrolma.org/the-precious-shit ... nsmission/
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Brunelleschi

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Shitro

Post by Brunelleschi »

Oh wow, this looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Brunelleschi wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:01 pm Oh wow, this looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Of note, you're supposed to register to get a zoom link. Often times Garchen Rinpoche's events are live on youtube but I don't know if this one is. So pre-registering seems like a good idea.
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Seeker12 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:53 pm
Brunelleschi wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:01 pm Oh wow, this looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Of note, you're supposed to register to get a zoom link. Often times Garchen Rinpoche's events are live on youtube but I don't know if this one is. So pre-registering seems like a good idea.
I am sure it will be on youtube. The Zoom is usually for more "personall" contact with Rinpoche, where he sees you a bit and you him, etc.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Budai

Post by Budai »

It's good to register. You'll get important information by email. If you are interested in doing the practice I would register. My advice.
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

One note - Garchen Rinpoche's email list recently sent out a graphic that said that the Shitro was from 2-5 EST on 3/6.

The Gar website says 4-7 EST.

I emailed them and they said it is 4-7 EST, as per the website.

Similarly with the other weekend events.

FWIW.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:13 am
Seeker12 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:53 pm
I am sure it will be on youtube. The Zoom is usually for more "personall" contact with Rinpoche, where he sees you a bit and you him, etc.
I would like to correct my mistake. I am extremely sorry but one has to register on Zoom to attend. :oops:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Unfortunate that this one event was to be zoom registration only. Looks like Gar Drolma made this rule. Every other event from other hosting centers has been streamed simultaneously on GBI YouTube as well. Politics.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Hi, just making sure, did I hear correctly that Rinpoche advised us to recite the Threa Heaps Sutra Confession (which is 35 Buddhas confession if I am correct) 3 times per day and per night?

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

I hope that the recording eventually appears in Youtube because this was one of Rinpoche's best public teachings
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:27 am Hi, just making sure, did I hear correctly that Rinpoche advised us to recite the Threa Heaps Sutra Confession (which is 35 Buddhas confession if I am correct) 3 times per day and per night?
Yes. correct.
I will personally stick to Vajrasattva / smoke offerings / tsog.
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Passing By wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58 am I hope that the recording eventually appears in Youtube because this was one of Rinpoche's best public teachings
I agree that it was profound but what about it makes it one of the best? I do not doubt you I just want to know more as I have not attended many of this Rinpoche's teachings.

KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:27 am Hi, just making sure, did I hear correctly that Rinpoche advised us to recite the Threa Heaps Sutra Confession (which is 35 Buddhas confession if I am correct) 3 times per day and per night?
That’s this, right?

https://www.lotsawahouse.org/words-of-t ... ls-nyingma
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Seeker12 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:31 am
That’s this, right?

Yup.
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:24 am
That’s this, right?

Yup.
Do you know if it is ok to simply recite the full text to get the full affect of the confession or must we do visualization?

KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Passing By wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58 am I hope that the recording eventually appears in Youtube because this was one of Rinpoche's best public teachings

Lost In Transmission
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

karmanyingpo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:21 am
amanitamusc wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:24 am

That’s this, right?

Yup.
Do you know if it is ok to simply recite the full text to get the full affect of the confession or must we do visualization?

KN
Lama Zopa Rinpoche says that in order to get the completely full benefit one should have visualization, recite and prostrate. But just reciting is also okay, jsut not as powerful.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

bryandavis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 am
Yes. correct.
Yeah, those are definitely great daily/regular companions to keep. Just would like to ask you, he said 3 times during day and night. Did it mean every 4 horus or 3 times repeat in the morning and 3 times at night? I always have a big problem with this isntruction as it is a bit confusing. Also if you were to do it and wanted to repeat it, would you repeat just the names 3 times or also the confession?

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

lelopa wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:08 am

:twothumbsup:

Many thanks
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:39 pm
bryandavis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 am
Yes. correct.
Yeah, those are definitely great daily/regular companions to keep. Just would like to ask you, he said 3 times during day and night. Did it mean every 4 horus or 3 times repeat in the morning and 3 times at night? I always have a big problem with this isntruction as it is a bit confusing. Also if you were to do it and wanted to repeat it, would you repeat just the names 3 times or also the confession?
Generally it means when you have time to during those periods of day and night. When the sun is up, when the sun is down, 3x during each.

Return to “Dharma Events”