TODAY at 4 pm pacific time - Transmission of Dzogchen Texts - Vajrayana Foundation

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
karmanyingpo

TODAY at 4 pm pacific time - Transmission of Dzogchen Texts - Vajrayana Foundation

Post by karmanyingpo »

For anyone interested... I urge you to listen. One of these is liberation upon hearing and is a cause for total liberation either in this life time or in bardo...

From an email: Lama Sonam Rinpoche has been giving Trekchod Teachings this week, based on H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche's "Prayer Invoking the Wisdom Mind of the Buddhas to Prevent Times of Disease, Famine, War and Conflict".

On Friday, January 8 at 4 pm, Lama Sonam Rinpocphe will give the oral transmissions (lungs) for this text, as well as for Longchenpa's Chöying Dzod, and H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche's "Three-Fold Space", "Daily Practice of Lama Sangdu", and the Vajra Armor practice.

To receive these lungs, please use this link: The lungs must be received in real time. Everyone is invited to attend these lungs free of charge*.

The Trekchod Teachings are still open, if you are interested and would like to join by live streaming and/or listen to all the recorded teachings of the retreat.

Rinpoche says there is no commitment (samaya), and the lungs can be taken just for their blessings, or in preparation for practice in the future.

(1) Lama Sonam Rinpoche plans to give the lung tomorrow for the Chetsun Nyingtik. We do not have the digital text to share with you, although there is a restricted text and commentary available from Light of Berotsana.

The other lungs are (not necessarily in this order):

(2) "A Prayer Invoking the Wisdom Mind of the Buddhas to Prevent Times of Disease, Famine, War and Conflict" is available as a digital download from Dharma Treasures.

(3) "Pith Instructions from the Secret Cycle of Great Perfection: The Ultimate, Very Profound Teaching on the Three-Fold Space (English only) is available as a digital download from Vajrayana Foundation's Bero Jeydren Publications.

(4) The Daily Lama Sangdu Practice is available to download from Lotsawa House. A variant of this practice is done during our annual Drupchen and a link to that text may be available later.

(5) Vajra Armor is available from Dharma Treasures as a print version or digital download.

(6) Longchenpa's Basic Space of Phenomena (Chöying Dzod) is available from Dharma Treasures, and his self-commentary on the root text is here.

MAY ALL BEINGS BENEFIT
KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!
FiveSkandhas

Re: TODAY at 4 pm pacific time - Transmission of Dzogchen Texts - Vajrayana Foundation

Post by FiveSkandhas »

Thank you for posting this. :bow:

To clarify, you note that this lung is only valid in real time, but you mention some "other lungs" available as digital downloads. Are these valid if not in real-time?

I would be interested in listening to "Pith Instructions from the Secret Cycle of Great Perfection: The Ultimate, Very Profound Teaching on the Three-Fold Space" on a "for blessing" basis and to deepen my understanding as a Mahayanist, without the Vajrayana Samaya commitments. Is this possible or forbidden?
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha
karmanyingpo

Re: TODAY at 4 pm pacific time - Transmission of Dzogchen Texts - Vajrayana Foundation

Post by karmanyingpo »

FiveSkandhas wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 pm Thank you for posting this. :bow:

To clarify, you note that this lung is only valid in real time, but you mention some "other lungs" available as digital downloads. Are these valid if not in real-time?

I would be interested in listening to "Pith Instructions from the Secret Cycle of Great Perfection: The Ultimate, Very Profound Teaching on the Three-Fold Space" on a "for blessing" basis and to deepen my understanding as a Mahayanist, without the Vajrayana Samaya commitments. Is this possible or forbidden?
Oh sorry for lack of clarity
I dont think the lungs themselves are digital downloads- just the TEXTS that are being transmitted in these lungs

The second email (after the '...') says that lama la does not have samaya for these :) SO I believe it is okay but if you have a doubt maybe contact Vajrayana Foundation to ask as far as I am aware it is not forbidden at all :)

KN
FiveSkandhas

Post by FiveSkandhas »

karmanyingpo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:39 pm

I dont think the lungs themselves are digital downloads- just the TEXTS that are being transmitted in these lungs

The second email (after the '...') says that lama la does not have samaya for these :) SO I believe it is okay but if you have a doubt maybe contact Vajrayana Foundation to ask as far as I am aware it is not forbidden at all :)

KN
Thanks again karmanyingpo.

I always play it safe....
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

FiveSkandhas wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:38 pm
karmanyingpo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:39 pm

KN
Thanks again karmanyingpo.

I always play it safe....
So do I but I think this is a good opportunity! :) Maybe even once in a lifetime

KN
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Thank you very much for posting here! :smile:
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Archie2009 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:42 am Thank you very much for posting here! :smile:
Thank you for your kindness but ya know the real people to thank here are Lama Sonam and Cy :) Just hope these will be of benefit to all beings

KN
Xtiva

Post by Xtiva »

Does anyone know if the Chetsun Nyingtik lung was given? I lost track of what was being transmitted. Much appreciated.
Natan

Post by Natan »

This is amazing. I had this empowerment in 2014. And just went traveling and did other stuff for years. Just two days ago I remembered I did this and loved it and searched my email for an ancient relic. This Chetsun Nyingthig Sadhana. And I was thinking... I wonderimg if I should resume this practice?

It is stuff like this that makes me so so thankful for Vajrayana and the lamas. And I did this at Dorje Den in Alameda. Lama Sonam was there. The lama was Khenpo Namdrol. Amazing experience.

Mr Malcolm Namdrol likes to say this is only an Anuyoga Sadhana. But if you really know it is a very special blessing from Khenpo Jigphun. There is always something to practice. Who goes without a ganachakrapuja? The dakinis don't. Heads up Chetsun is all the way through togal. And if anyone wants to attain a rainbow body. Well listen to the lung.

Avoid charlatans and go for the cream of the crop lamas. Charlatans are cool too. They open Pandora's boxes.
Last edited by Natan on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:17 pm
Mr Malcolm Namdrol likes to say this is only an Anuyoga Sadhana.
Correct, because that’s what Chogyal Namkhai Norbu said about the sadhana.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

karmanyingpo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:25 pm For anyone interested... I urge you to listen. One of these is liberation upon hearing and is a cause for total liberation either in this life time or in bardo...
Which one is that? Chöying Dzöd?
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Archie2009 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 pm
karmanyingpo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:25 pm For anyone interested... I urge you to listen. One of these is liberation upon hearing and is a cause for total liberation either in this life time or in bardo...
Which one is that? Chöying Dzöd?
I believe so

KN
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

Within the chetsun nyingtik lung, the third section of the five spaces, what is actually within that section? The main sadhana? The ngondro? Trekchod and togal intersructions?
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Rroman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:45 pm Within the chetsun nyingtik lung, the third section of the five spaces, what is actually within that section? The main sadhana? The ngondro? Trekchod and togal intersructions?
I hope someone more knowledgeable can chime in and help. If no one does or is able to, than, it may be necessary to email them or call them, to ask
Hope you find your answer soon!

KN
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

I have emailed them already.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Was the liturgy part of the lung? I thought it was separate (and not given).
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

Rroman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:45 pm Within the chetsun nyingtik lung, the third section of the five spaces, what is actually within that section? The main sadhana? The ngondro? Trekchod and togal intersructions?
The 3rd section is the main practice, dzogchen.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa

Return to “Dharma Events”