Garchen Rinpoche Achi Empowerment and Seven Taras Supplication Teachings

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Garchen Rinpoche Achi Empowerment and Seven Taras Supplication Teachings

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

ANNOUNCEMENT OF EMPOWERMENT & TEACHINGS BY GARCHEN RINPOCHE:

On Oct. 31 – Nov. 1 (Sat.-Sun.) H.E.Garchen Rinpoche will bestow empowerment and teachings on Zoom according to the request of German Milarepa Retreat Center. Deadline for requests for receiving Zoom details are extended until the end of the day of October 30 in America (9 am CET, German Time on October, 31). Email: [email protected]. Also the live-stream will be in YouTube: https://cutt.ly/gbi_youtube

1) Day One: Achi Empowerment
On the first day, Oct. 31 (Sat.) 19:30–21:00 CET (German time), 10.30 am - 12 pm (midday) Arizona time (GMT-7) H.E.Garchen Rinpoche will bestow a rare empowerment of Achi Chokyi Drolma, the protector of Buddha's teachings and Drikung lineage. Mother Achi (also called Vajra Dakini) was the great-grandmother of Lord Jigten Sumgon, founder of the Drikung Lineage. She is seen as an emanation of Tara, Vajrayogini and all Dakinis. As a protector, Achi is visualized on her blue wisdom horse to symbolize the swiftness of her enlightened activities, and she holds a wish-fulfilling jewel to symbolize her ability to bestow everything needed when asked.  Through her practice outer, inner and secret obstacles are removed.

Mantra of Achi Chokyi Drolma: OM MAMA TSAKRA SOHA YAR DU SARWA DU RADZA RADZA DU MAMA DU HUNG PHAT SOHA.

Explanation of the mantra meaning (by Venerable Khenchen Konchog Gyaltsen Rinpoche)

OM MAMA means "to me". CHAKRA is a Sanskrit word, it means a wheel that symbolizes all kinds of activities and excellent qualities. SOHA (SWAHA) means "may I get it." OM MAMA CHAKRA SVAHA is a very short version of the Achi mantra.

YAR DU is a peaceful activity. SARWA DU is increasing activity. RADZA RADZA DU is magnetizing activity. MAMA DU is wrathful activity. By those activities, Achi can destroy external and internal maras - all mental delusions and defilements with her great compassion and wisdom.

HUM means getting these qualities. PHET means the removal of all obstacles. SOHA (SVAHA) here means "may it be so".

How to receive the empowerment?

Sakya Pandita, great master, often cited by Garchen Rinpoche, has said very clearly, “Without taking vows, there is no empowerment, there is no initiation.”  And to take the vows, we need to know them and consciously accept them; otherwise if we haven’t taken the vows and we haven’t received the empowerment.  Details at the first page of  the publication: https://cutt.ly/Bodhichitta_actions . Useful links on vows: (1) Garchen Rinpoche summarizing Bodhisattva and Refuge vows https://cutt.ly/Garchen_vows , (2) 18 root Bodhisattva Vows: https://cutt.ly/18_vows , (3) 46 secondary Bodhisattva Vows https://cutt.ly/46_vows .  

Images of Achi: https://garchen.net/library-images-deity-achi/.

2) Day Two: The Supplication to the Seven Taras Teachings
On the second day, November 1st (Sun.) 17:00 – 21:00 CET - German time or 9.00 am - 12 pm (midday) Arizona time (GMT-7) H.E.Garchen Rinpoche will give Teachings on The Supplication to the 7 Taras (The Seven Verses of Supplication to the Protectress Tara) composed by Lord Jigten Sumgon after having a vision of the seven Taras at the Echung cave. This prayer is widely known for its extremely powerful blessings. Text in English https://milareparetreat.org/images/PDF/ ... _Taras.pdf . Other translation of the text in English and Chinese (Tibetan): https://garchen.net/?ddownload=12598  

Texts can be found and downloaded from the organizer’s page (Milarepa Retreat Center) https://milareparetreat.org/index.php/en/aktuelles-2020 . Translations of the event  will be made into English, German, Russian, Chinese. The live-streams of events might start a bit later then scheduled for the Zoom start time.

DONATION. The Online-Teachings are offered for free.  German Milarepa Retreat Center is deeply grateful for any and every donation, no matter how small. Link for donation (link in German, for EU countries): https://milareparetreat.org/index.php/d ... ung#spende

If you would like to donate from USA, Asia etc (outside European Union), the only possibility is to donate via bank transfer. Bank Information: Garchen Stiftung Kreissparkasse Soltau,
IBAN: DE79258516600055064091
BIC-/SWIFT-Code: NOLADE21SOL
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Tenma

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Achi Empowerment and Seven Taras Supplication Teachings

Post by Tenma »

Does the Seven Taras require a daily commitment as well?
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Tenma wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:23 am Does the Seven Taras require a daily commitment as well?
Never heard that.
I have recieved it w/o any special commitment.
Lost In Transmission
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Tenma wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:23 am Does the Seven Taras require a daily commitment as well?
It is a vajra song by Jigten Sumgon, no commitment. Garchen Rinpoche will give commentary on it. :smile:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Was it lovely. :heart:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:19 pm Was it lovely. :heart:
Yes! It was!! :group:

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
90hj209gh0g49h

Post by 90hj209gh0g49h »

I couldn't quite make out the very short Achi mantra that Rinpoche mentioned today, can someone clarify?
shankara

Post by shankara »

90hj209gh0g49h wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:37 am I couldn't quite make out the very short Achi mantra that Rinpoche mentioned today, can someone clarify?
OM DHARMA TARE SOHA

(Her name in Sanskrit, with Tara in the vocative).
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

shankara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:27 pm
90hj209gh0g49h wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:37 am I couldn't quite make out the very short Achi mantra that Rinpoche mentioned today, can someone clarify?
OM DHARMA TARE SOHA

Is there a sadhana with this short mantra?
I couldn't understand the longer mantra - was it the common mantra ( yar du sarwa du)?
Lost In Transmission
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

lelopa wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:41 pm
OM DHARMA TARE SOHA

I couldn't understand the longer mantra - was it the common mantra ( yar du sarwa du)?
No it was not. I unfortunately don't know which sadhana/cycle it was for. But it is a good idea to get a lung for a Daily Concise sadhana of Achi "The beautiful queen of space". Where the most common mantra is from.

HE Choeze Kuchen Rinpoche often gives lung for this sadhana online on dakini's day. S

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
shankara

Post by shankara »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:56 pm

OM DHARMA TARE SOHA

No it was not. I unfortunately don't know which sadhana/cycle it was for. But it is a good idea to get a lung for a Daily Concise sadhana of Achi "The beautiful queen of space". Where the most common mantra is from.

HE Choeze Kuchen Rinpoche often gives lung for this sadhana online on dakini's day. S
From what I understood he said we could recite any mantra of hers right? Including the "om mama chakra...".
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:56 pm

OM DHARMA TARE SOHA

:thanks:
Lost In Transmission
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

shankara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:24 pmFrom what I understood he said we could recite any mantra of hers right? Including the "om mama chakra...".
Indeed. He said that we can recite any Achi mantra.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
shankara

Post by shankara »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:01 pm
shankara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:24 pmFrom what I understood he said we could recite any mantra of hers right? Including the "om mama chakra...".
Indeed. He said that we can recite any Achi mantra.
Great thanks, I thought that was what he said, just wanted to check.

Also does anyone know what class and family of tantra she is?

Return to “Dharma Events”