Kangsak

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
Toenail

Kangsak

Post by Toenail »

What does it mean? I only have the English transliteration. It is in context of protector pujas. I know Kangso, but what is a Kangsak?
Täpa

Re: Kangsak

Post by Täpa »

This is the kangsak i know: གང་ཟག། It refers to an individual. kangsak thanpgo (first) means from first person narrative.
But the word you have can be something totally different. I have no understanding of pujas.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

That's not the word I mean.
Täpa

Post by Täpa »

I found དགང་གཟར། dgang gzar. kang zar. Dictionary says 2 long spoons used at burnt offerings. Sacrificial spoon.

I tried to search the Tibetan dictionary up and down, but i cannot find anything what can sound or look like kangsak, except this one and the other one i already gave you. I hope someone else can give you the right meaning.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Toenail wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:18 pm That's not the word I mean.
How do you know?
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Give us some more context, like the complete phrase or stanza..
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

I'm pretty sure this is referring to kangshak, shak (བཤགས་) here meaning confession.

Edit: realised you wanted the whole word. བསྐང་བཤགས། kangshak, fulfilling and confessing. A type of protector ritual to confess and make amends through offerings.

Return to “Language”