Help with writing down a chanted Mantra and finding the translation

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
penalvad_uba

Help with writing down a chanted Mantra and finding the translation

Post by penalvad_uba »

I wanna to write, in romanized alphabet, a recorded Mantra by following closely as possible the speech sound (is it phonetics ?), then i wanna to search the corresponding words in a tibetan/sanskrit to english to translate.

This process seemed reasonable, when i was not able to reach the Lama but the Mantra reached me bringing lot of devotion and i can share this will with you translators. So, to wait the day i can ask to the Lama.

What would you recommend ?

S2 May your bodhicitta never stop growing.
Hazel
Former staff member

Re: Help with writing down a chanted Mantra and finding the translation

Post by Hazel »

penalvad_uba wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:55 pm I wanna to write, in romanized alphabet, a recorded Mantra by following closely as possible the speech sound (is it phonetics ?), then i wanna to search the corresponding words in a tibetan/sanskrit to english to translate.

This process seemed reasonable, when i was not able to reach the Lama but the Mantra reached me bringing lot of devotion and i can share this will with you translators. So, to wait the day i can ask to the Lama.

Can you link to it here or tell us the name? If it is a common mantra, you can likely find a translation floating around on the internet.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

penalvad_uba wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:55 pm I wanna to write, in romanized alphabet, a recorded Mantra by following closely as possible the speech sound (is it phonetics ?), then i wanna to search the corresponding words in a tibetan/sanskrit to english to translate.

I don't understand, did you have a teaching and not understand a mantra, just hear it randomly or what?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Budai

Post by Budai »

In what form do you currently have access to this mantra?
penalvad_uba

Post by penalvad_uba »

Könchok Chödrak wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:57 pm In what form do you currently have access to this mantra?
Áudio recording
penalvad_uba

Post by penalvad_uba »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 pm

I don't understand, did you have a teaching and not understand a mantra, just hear it randomly or what?
One of them is available online through Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche recording, other i heard and recorded from a Puja, but this second is obvously not available
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

penalvad_uba wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:17 am

One of them is available online through Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche recording, other i heard and recorded from a Puja, but this second is obvously not available
Ah ok, well if it's part of a certain sadhana etc. that isn't fodder for detailed public discussion you can post in the Tantra Talk forum and people can reply via PM. If I'm understanding right, you want to find out what this mantra this is, then later ask a Lama about practicing it, getting a Lung for it, etc.?

-Khunu Lama
penalvad_uba

Post by penalvad_uba »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:24 pm

Ah ok, well if it's part of a certain sadhana etc. that isn't fodder for detailed public discussion you can post in the Tantra Talk forum and people can reply via PM. If I'm understanding right, you want to find out what this mantra this is, then later ask a Lama about practicing it, getting a Lung for it, etc.?
Quite of what i mean by translation, because i knownthat is a devotional mantra for Arya Tara.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

penalvad_uba wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:28 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:24 pm

Quite of what i mean by translation, because i knownthat is a devotional mantra for Arya Tara.
Post your detailed question in Tantra Talk, then someone can get back to you without any worries.

-Khunu Lama
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Giving just the name of a puja would be alright, right? I'm curious what sort of presumably online puja would be so secretive that it's name couldn't be shared.... It may even be one appropriate to share in public, which would make this whole thing way easier.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Return to “Language”