Lotsawa Online Course

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
SilenceMonkey

Lotsawa Online Course

Post by SilenceMonkey »

It seems that Lotsawa Rinchen Zangpo Translator Program will be holding its course online this year, and modules can be done independently. It's a good price and the teacher Geshe Wangdak is a great language teacher.

https://www.lrztp.org/online-tibetan-language-program/

They hope to start the long 2-year course again in the fall, if possible. Otherwise they'll start again in March, 2022.
Hazel
Former staff member

Re: Lotsawa Online Course

Post by Hazel »

Oh wow! What a great opportunity!
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

I don't suppose anyone has experience with both the Lotsawa Rinchen Zangpo program, and with Rangjung Yeshe Institute? I'm interested in how the programs compare, specifically on the language side, I know RYI do a lot of other stuff too.
DewachenVagabond

Post by DewachenVagabond »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:59 am I don't suppose anyone has experience with both the Lotsawa Rinchen Zangpo program, and with Rangjung Yeshe Institute? I'm interested in how the programs compare, specifically on the language side, I know RYI do a lot of other stuff too.
I am also interested in anything anyone has to say about Rangjung Yeshe Institute in particular. Especially if anyone knows anything about their degree programs and the specifics of applying and studying there as someone from the US.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

I attended Lotsawa's two year program in 2018. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Damn and it is kind of affordable too. Shame shame, at this point in life it is still too much, but it gives me a lot of hope in future posibilities. :thumbsup:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra

Return to “Language”