Any recommendations on how to fight demon or ghosts or evil spirits?

Help required with personal difficulties.
arc

Any recommendations on how to fight demon or ghosts or evil spirits?

Post by arc »

Hi

I am going through exactly the same for the last 3 years. I have been a Vipassana meditator since 2001 and used to have very strong concentration and a very high morality.

Havnt been able to meditate since because it harms me if I try. I can’t live my daily life. There is physical torture as well as voices continuously… most people either don’t want to have anything to do with you after they hear about this or don’t believe it. I have been to psychiatrists, psychologists, emailed a no of monasteries, listened to Dhamma chanting esp Atanatiya sutta and Ratan sutta. I have gone no evil karma in this life. It attacks my family too.

There should be a way out of this.

I was reading another post on dhammawheel.net on “how to get rid of demons” or something like that- they mention a Vipassana teacher with above 4th Jhana or a Vajrayana teacher with Wrathful deities practice may help.

In my personal opinion good wishes towards the demon doesn’t help at all, no spiritual karma helps- it gets more agitated and harms more. We as a community should know how to fight this. Demons are real- I also used to think until 3 years back it’s just our mind. But it’s not true

And yes you are right - it’s some past birth karma or kamma- but the kamma could just be as simple as being weak enough to be succeptible to the demon.

Anyone please recommend something you have heard from a success story.

Wishing you well and yo your family too!
arc

Re::Any recommendations on how to fight demon or ghosts or evil spirits?

Post by arc »

Dear readers

I have been a Vipassana meditator since 2001 and had a very strong practice and very good concentration. Last 2-3 years I started feeling a physical violation of space and then hearing voices. The demons started harming with vibrations of all kinds and very harmful language. They also harm sexually and physically hurt around the spine and different organs of the body- some kind of energy vampires. They harm continuously and never stop. It is impossible to meditate or do anything else.

I asked a lot of people for help including meditators but so far havnt found anyone who knows about this or wants to help. I don’t even know where to get the help.

No drugs or medicines have helped so far, even tried to get some mantra tantra help. I have also read and listened to Ratana and Atanatiya sutta. I cannot give metta or practice Vipassana at all because I am constantly under attack.

I saw another thread from 2019 on a similar topic, but since that thread is not active now I thought of posting it here. Really looking for help.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Any recommendations on how to fight demon or ghosts or evil spirits?

Post by Ayu »

Hello arc,
welcome to Dharma Wheel. I hope you can find some help here.
I took the liberty to merge your two threads to one, because there is no need to discuss within two threads on the same issue.

Amongst the many people you have asked for help, was there some mental therapist as well? Often it is difficult to get rid of demons, if we insist they are outward and foreign and we miss to realize how they are part of us.
reiun

Post by reiun »

Re. therapist:
:good:
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Burning guggul is a traditional method of getting spirits to leave you alone.
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

Some monastery may offer some ceremony to help you, like Chod practice, Simhamukga, Vajrakilaya...

Reading sutra like the golden light sutra might help.

If your practice does not improve, if ceremony done don’t help, maybe you should widen tour perspectives and ask for help to « non buddhist people also.

There are some skilled people who does the job. Sometime you hear them by mouth to hear.

Following a spiritual teacher, and transforming yourself, sooner or later, will free you of those difficulties as you grow in love, unity and peace and pacify certain things.
arc

Post by arc »

Will spiritual teachers take you in such a condition? And these things are harmful. Won’t they or Sangha keep distance from you or try to protect themselves? Unless they are very deep in their meditation.

For example I would like to join a monastery but taking me would be a lot of work, won’t it?

Thanks.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

arc wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:04 pm Will spiritual teachers take you in such a condition? And these things are harmful. Won’t they or Sangha keep distance from you or try to protect themselves? Unless they are very deep in their meditation.

For example I would like to join a monastery but taking me would be a lot of work, won’t it?

Thanks.
Practitioners on the bodhisattva path are happy to help people who are suffering, especially those with an interest in the teachings.

But it might be good to take care of your situation before you decide to join a monastery. It's possible that a monastery you want to join won't have someone with the knowledge or ability to help you, and that you might need to find a practitioner who is able to do the job. But who knows, maybe the people at the monastery will be able to help as well. Anyway, it's just a thought.

[Mod note Sept 2022: "Help required" topics are being locked on a regular base, because they were a general task for necroing in the past. But mostly the problems that require help are only short-term lasting and temporary.]
Last edited by Ayu on Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod note by Ayu.

Return to “Help Required”