Need Help!

Help required with personal difficulties.
Conscious-River

Need Help!

Post by Conscious-River »

Hi everybody. This is my first post ever and my English is pretty bad. so my apologies in advance. So I've been meditating for a few weeks now. Yesterday when I was meditating (around11pm), I experienced something strange. I was focusing on my breathing then suddenly, my body heated up. I felt like I'm burning. I started to sweat. It was an energy burst as far as I know. my heartbeat increased and It was hard for me to breathe. I started to take short and quick breaths. meanwhile, my head was feeling like it's about to explode. I had this sensation like a strong man putting his thumbs on my forehead and the back of my head then squeezing and releasing it repeatedly. my eyes were fluttering and twitching inside my eye sockets. this all lasted about 1 and a half mins. it wasn't gradual. It started all sudden. However, as I started to breathe quickly, this gradually gone down to normal. Today, I was feeling like I'm an empty balloon. I didn't feel anything and I still don't. I went to uni and walked around as I'm half asleep. I'm feeling like there is no purpose to me anymore. I have heard about people going crrazy while meditating. Can someone explain if I messeed up somewhere while meditating or if this is normal? and advice would be highly appreciated!
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Need Help!

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

All kinds of experiences can happen after you first start meditation on a consistent basis, regularly.
This is because attachment to the ego is very strong. But also, it’s not “logical”, just as dreams are not logical, and emotions are not ‘logical’ meaning that they just are what they are, without having to make any sense out of them.
One person might feel burning, another will feel shaking, another person will feel extreme restlessness, someone else will feel like crying, and another person will feel like laughing.

Self-attachment has so many layers, it goes deep
Into the subconscious. It’s instinctive. Ego clinging is the very essence of the “me” experience. It is absolutely “who I think I am!”

Just regard all these experiences as illusions, as distractions, and simply return to watching your breath (itcyhsts the meditation method) and all these events will disappear by themselves.

In the story of the Buddha he had to battle with the daughters of Mara. So, it’s like that. It even happened back then.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Need Help!

Post by Grigoris »

Conscious-River wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:45 am Hi everybody. This is my first post ever and my English is pretty bad. so my apologies in advance. So I've been meditating for a few weeks now. Yesterday when I was meditating (around11pm), I experienced something strange. I was focusing on my breathing then suddenly, my body heated up. I felt like I'm burning. I started to sweat. It was an energy burst as far as I know. my heartbeat increased and It was hard for me to breathe. I started to take short and quick breaths. meanwhile, my head was feeling like it's about to explode. I had this sensation like a strong man putting his thumbs on my forehead and the back of my head then squeezing and releasing it repeatedly. my eyes were fluttering and twitching inside my eye sockets. this all lasted about 1 and a half mins. it wasn't gradual. It started all sudden. However, as I started to breathe quickly, this gradually gone down to normal. Today, I was feeling like I'm an empty balloon. I didn't feel anything and I still don't. I went to uni and walked around as I'm half asleep. I'm feeling like there is no purpose to me anymore. I have heard about people going crrazy while meditating. Can someone explain if I messeed up somewhere while meditating or if this is normal? and advice would be highly appreciated!
Is there a center at the university, or near where you live, where you can go talk to a proper (qualified) teacher?

Tell us where you are and we will try to recommend some places for you to visit.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Help Required”