a silly request

Help required with personal difficulties.
PeterC

Re: a silly request

Post by PeterC »

Jesse wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:01 pm She lives in Saudi Arabia and is very very muslim.. Lives under Shia Law.
If she lives in Saudi Arabia then she does not live under Shia law.

You can't go there and *help* in any way. If what she says is true, that would put you in serious danger. If what she says is false, that would also put you in serious danger.

You clearly can't help at a distance, either. You can't send money, and presumably you don't have the sort of influence that would be useful.

So the only thing you can do is encourage her to work with her (Canadian) consular representatives, but you should by now know, if what she says is true, they almost certainly cannot help either.

I say "if what she says is true" because you can't be certain about that. What this might be building up to is a request to send money or physically come to a third country to meet her when she successfully escapes. If this is a scam, that will be when bad things happen.

You (quite reasonably) dislike the suggestion that this might be a scam. The reason I and others bring it up is that 100% of the people who are scammed believe completely that the damsel in distress is genuine, just as you do now. Maybe she is genuine; who knows. But you need to consider the possibility that you're mistaken.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: a silly request

Post by Grigoris »

Topic locked for review.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Help Required”