The Serious Curriculum

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
tingdzin

Re: The Serious Curriculum

Post by tingdzin »

mutsuk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:39 pm Yes Mother Tantras are replete with Dzogchen conceptions.
Such as?
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

Such as some of the contents of the 'bras bu rdzogs sangs rgyas pa'i rgyud for instance.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Not enough info. Specifics? Background of that tantra?
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

I think you should consult your catalogue of the Bon Kanjur for the references.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Thanks for nothing. I wasn't challenging you, just looking for information. Since you do not care to provide it, however, I think people should be wary of the assertions in your posts.
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

tingdzin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:30 am Thanks for nothing.
You're of course welcome!
I wasn't challenging you, just looking for information. Since you do not care to provide it, however, I think people should be wary of the assertions in your posts.
Relax man. I just invited you politely to consult your own catalogue of the Bon Kanjur (which you did in Norway) to check for the reference of the Tantra I mentioned. I don't have them at hand (neither your catalogue nor the text) but I remember clearly the Tantra contained rDzogs chen technical terms, such as thig-le nyag-gcig and so forth. You don't have to believe me but I don't have to be bullied by you. You're a grown up, you can read Tibetan, so you can check for yourself if you don't believe me. I don't have to make the research for you. Feel free to despise my "assertions" at your will.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

tingdzin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:30 am Thanks for nothing. I wasn't challenging you, just looking for information. Since you do not care to provide it, however, I think people should be wary of the assertions in your posts.
Tingdzin, that’s really a little unfair, mutsuk is evidently very knowledgeable, has been very generous in sharing that knowledge, and isn’t obligated to do everyone’s research for them.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

mutsuk wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:42 am I just invited you politely to consult your own catalogue of the Bon Kanjur (which you did in Norway) to check for the reference of the Tantra I mentioned. I
Clearly, you think I'm someone I'm not (I suspect Dan Martin).Don't jump to conclusions. I've never been near Norway.

PeterC wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:30 am isn’t obligated to do everyone’s research for them.

This goes for you too. Everybody does not have a copy of the Bonpo Kanjur/TenjuR

I won't try to engage with you anymore. Life's too short.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

tingdzin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 am
mutsuk wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:42 am I just invited you politely to consult your own catalogue of the Bon Kanjur (which you did in Norway) to check for the reference of the Tantra I mentioned. I
Clearly, you think I'm someone I'm not (I suspect Dan Martin).Don't jump to conclusions. I've never been near Norway.

PeterC wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:30 am isn’t obligated to do everyone’s research for them.

This goes for you too. Everybody does not have a copy of the Bonpo Kanjur/TenjuR

I’m not asking anyone to do research for me, am I? And I don’t know why you’re upset, nobody was impolite to you.
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

tingdzin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 am Clearly, you think I'm someone I'm not (I suspect Dan Martin).Don't jump to conclusions.
Am I really? If that is the case, which I sincerely doubt, I apologize (and was wrongly informed which, again, I doubt). After all, Mr Martin was not the only one to have worked on that catalogue, anyway. But you named him, so... :shrug:
Short indeed it is. But you surely have time to check the Catalogue of the Bon Kanjur which is available online, and that of the Katen too. In any case, BDCR has copies of the Bonpo Kanjur and Tengyur available online freely in which you can see the Ma-rgyud texts directly by yourself. There are even searchable versions of these done by...? (some chinese webiste, I saw some of these files at JLA's but don't know their exact provenance). So now you can fruitfully check for yourself and form your own opinion on the Ma-rgyud texts. Apologies for leaving you that task, I would not want to "submerge" you with my assumptions.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tingdzin wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 am
Bonpo Kanjur/TenjuR
Here you are:

http://xxb.qiongbuwang.com/index/category/id/23.html

Mother tantras:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghrxna22f22cn ... y.pdf?dl=0
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »