Requesting help with visualization in Bon Medicine Buddha and Tsewang Rigzin sadhanas

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
karmanyingpo

Requesting help with visualization in Bon Medicine Buddha and Tsewang Rigzin sadhanas

Post by karmanyingpo »

Hello all

I am requesting help with details of visualization in Bon Medicine Buddha (Garland of Jewels A Brief Text on the Ritual of The Medicine Deity King) and Bon Tsewang Rigzin sadhanas.

Specifically I am unclear on how to visualize the "samadhi" section of Medicine Buddha
and when to dissolve the self visualization (completion stage) for both sadhanas.

My teacher mentioned the stages of generation unification and completion but I can't recall him mentioning specifically where in the sadhana to dissolve.

Would very much appreciate it and if it is more appropriate we can discuss on PM of course,

KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!
lelopa

Re: Requesting help with visualization in Bon Medicine Buddha and Tsewang Rigzin sadhanas

Post by lelopa »

...stages of generation, unification and completion...?

are you sure that it was not 'unification of generation & completion' ?
Also in some sadhanas there is no 'real' dissolution in completion-phase
Lost In Transmission
karmanyingpo

Re: Requesting help with visualization in Bon Medicine Buddha and Tsewang Rigzin sadhanas

Post by karmanyingpo »

lelopa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:58 am ...stages of generation, unification and completion...?

I thought he mentioned a stage of unification where the visualization of deity and self visualization merge together - I could be remembering wrong
Ah thank you do you happen to know if that applies to these sadhanas?

KN
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

karmanyingpo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:25 pm
lelopa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:58 am ...stages of generation, unification and completion...?

I thought he mentioned a stage of unification where the visualization of deity and self visualization merge together - I could be remembering wrong

KN
No, I do not really know because I don't know the Medizin Buddha sadhana and only a short Guruyoga with Tsewang
Lost In Transmission
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

lelopa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:17 pm
karmanyingpo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:25 pm

KN
No, I do not really know because I don't know the Medizin Buddha sadhana and only a short Guruyoga with Tsewang
Okay thank you anyway :)

KN

Return to “Bön”