Sidpa Gyalmo mantras

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Gandharva

Sidpa Gyalmo mantras

Post by Gandharva »

Greetings everyone!

Could somebody explain the diference between these two Sidpa Gyalmo mantras?

1) OM A BI YA NAG PO UE SOD SO HA

2) SO MA MA ZA NYE LO YO RAM THUN JO

:thanks:
Sādhaka

Re: Sidpa Gyalmo mantras

Post by Sādhaka »

Bön is since some years ago more open than other traditions about openly discussing higher practices and such; but when it comes to Guardian Mantras of any tradition including Bönpo ones, it seems wrong to post them on an open forum like this.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Gandharva wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:40 am Greetings everyone!

Tashi delek,

Know only the first protective Mantra.
The second Mantra i never have seen, until now.
The best meditation is no meditation
Gandharva

Post by Gandharva »

Sādhaka wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:13 am Bön is since some years ago more open than other traditions about openly discussing higher practices and such; but when it comes to Guardian Mantras of any tradition including Bönpo ones, it seems wrong to post them on an open forum like this.
You can tell the heads of these Dharma Centers/monasteries (it's a small sample) they are "wrong" (?).

SO MA MA ZA NYE LO YO RAM THUN JO
viewtopic.php?t=20620

https://yeruboncenter.org/enlightened-deities/

OM A BIYA NAGPO BE SOD SO HA
https://www.olmoling.org/contents/healing_mantras
Gandharva

Post by Gandharva »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:09 am

Tashi delek,

Tashi delek,

You once post the seconf mantra in this topic:

viewtopic.php?t=20620
• Sipi Gyalmo mantra - as many as possible ( SO MA MA ZA NYE LO YO RAM THUN JO)
kalden yungdrung

Gandharva wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:44 am

Tashi delek,

Tashi delek,

viewtopic.php?t=20620
Tashi delek G,

Yes , i see.
It was mentioned earlier regarding the prayers for the Late Gyalwa H.H. the 33rd Menri Trizin Lungtok Tenpai Nyima Rinpoche.

The Mantra SO MA MA ZA NYE LO YO RAM THUN JO was published and used regarding the heavy illness of H.H. Luntok Nyima Rinpoche.
Guess the Mantra was for this special event published, in all cases i know (regarding the ritual , we use the Mantra OM ABHIYA NAG-PO RBAD SOD SWAHA.

Both Mantras can be very good as a remedy to illness specific to this time we are living in with its diseases like cancer.
Especially if added to the blessed consecrated Healing Waters which can cure cancer.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Tashi delek,

Tashi delek,

viewtopic.php?t=20620
Tashi delek G,

Yes , i see.
It was mentioned earlier regarding the prayers for the Late Gyalwa H.H. the 33rd Menri Trizin Lungtok Tenpai Nyima Rinpoche.

The Mantra SO MA MA ZA NYE LO YO RAM THUN JO was published and used regarding the heavy illness of H.H. Luntok Nyima Rinpoche.
Guess the Mantra was for this special event published, in all cases i know (regarding the ritual , we use the Mantra OM ABHIYA NAG-PO RBAD SOD SWAHA.

Both Mantras can be very good as a remedy to illness specific to this time we are living in with its diseases like cancer.
Especially if added to the blessed consecrated Healing Waters which can cure cancer.
When do y'all use "So ma ma ra yo dza?" Seeing how "so ma ma za nye lo yo ram thun jo" is for serious illnesses and can be recited without lung, is there a certain "level"/"degree" for the Sidpa Gyalmo mantras? When should one use "Om Abhiya...?" When should "So Ma Ma Ra Yo Dza" be used? When should "So Ma Ma Za Nye Lo Yo Ram Thun Jo" be used (in serious conditions such as cancer?)?
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Tenma wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:22 am
kalden yungdrung wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Tashi delek,

viewtopic.php?t=20620
Tashi delek G,

Yes , i see.

When do y'all use "So ma ma ra yo dza?" Seeing how "so ma ma za nye lo yo ram thun jo" is for serious illnesses and can be recited without lung, is there a certain "level"/"degree" for the Sidpa Gyalmo mantras? When should one use "Om Abhiya...?" When should "So Ma Ma Ra Yo Dza" be used? When should "So Ma Ma Za Nye Lo Yo Ram Thun Jo" be used (in serious conditions such as cancer?)?

Om Abhiya.... is mantra of Yeshe Walmo Healing-Practice...
SO MA MA ... is at the end of a short Sipe Gyalmo invocation - sometimes done before this YW-practice
Lost In Transmission
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Gandharva wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 am
Sādhaka wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:13 am Bön is since some years ago more open than other traditions about openly discussing higher practices and such; but when it comes to Guardian Mantras of any tradition including Bönpo ones, it seems wrong to post them on an open forum like this.
You can tell the heads of these Dharma Centers/monasteries (it's a small sample) they are "wrong" (?).

I’m not talking about sharing them within the walls of a Dharma center or monastery. I’m talking about sharing them on an open forum where joe six-pack can waltz in without even having to make any physical effort to do so.

Posting general Mantras/Peaceful Deity Mantras, or even Bönpo Dzogchen teachings, on forums is one thing (generally okay); but I don’t think that Guardian/Protector Mantras should be posted on an open forum.
kalden yungdrung

Sādhaka wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm

I’m not talking about sharing them within the walls of a Dharma center or monastery. I’m talking about sharing them on an open forum where joe six-pack can waltz in without even having to make any physical effort to do so.

Posting general Mantras/Peaceful Deity Mantras, or even Bönpo Dzogchen teachings, on forums is one thing (generally okay); but I don’t think that Guardian/Protector Mantras should be posted on an open forum.

Tashi delek,

What we see here is again that over protectionism based on that what we can meet in the most Dorje Thekpa Lineages as such.
Even an index of a "Secret" Tantra is seen as a violation etc.

Sure we can discuss here the meaning of those Mantras , without the explanation of the ritual.
Like we saw, we even can have Mantras of Yidams, without initiations etc. like in the case with the Gyalwa H.H. the 33rd Menri Trizin Lungtok Tenpai Nyima Rinpoche. And they have the same power, how can that be possible ?

So do not you worry about too much unnecessary protective secrecy here.

Guess if you were a Mod, you would close the topic, isn´t it ? :thinking:
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Tashi Delek,

Who knows, maybe you’re right.

I’m just saying that Protector Mantras are different than other Mantras.

I personally wouldn’t post Protector Mantras—even Bön ones—on an open forum.

Everyone can relate to their commitments however they want; but for me this seems like a slippery slope, because like I said Protector Mantras are different than other Mantras, even in Bön IMO.

Again, maybe you’re right and I’m not....
Gandharva

Post by Gandharva »

Sādhaka wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Again: You can tell the heads of these Dharma Centers/monasteries they are "wrong" (?). Seems you don't get it: they are OPENLY showing these mantras on their webpages and/or even teaching people how to use them. Just as another example, Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche openly taught in a book a Drenpa Namkha guru yoga that used to be secret, because he feels that some teachings don't need this secrecy anymore.

Check yourself.

Of course there are secret teachings but I checked if those mantras are EVERYWHERE before asking - I would never break samaya!

No hard feelings, but between you and the Geshes, no doubt who I will follow... :thumbsup: Anachronism is no virtue sign!
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Whose website has Guardian Mantras openly posted?

Like I implied earlier, I know that in Bön things are less secret now since Yongdzin Rinpoche’s Guru or previous Incarnation (I can’t remember the exact circumstance here) said that the Protectors revealed to him that Bön Teachings should be less secret for future generations.

But like I’d also said, I think that Guardian Mantras might be an exception here.

If you can give me an specific example of a senior Lama of Bön condoning the open dissemination of Protector Mantras, then please do. Otherwise, well, like I said maybe I’m not right and you guys are not wrong here.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Gandharva wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:22 am ......
Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche openly taught in a book a Drenpa Namkha guru yoga that used to be secret.....
in a book?!?

heart essence??
it seems this is "only" a prayer
Lost In Transmission
kalden yungdrung

Sadhaka wrote:

Again: You can tell the heads of these Dharma Centers/monasteries they are "wrong" (?). Seems you don't get it: they are OPENLY showing these mantras on their webpages and/or even teaching people how to use them. Just as another example, Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche openly taught in a book a Drenpa Namkha guru yoga that used to be secret, because he feels that some teachings don't need this secrecy anymore.

Check yourself.

Of course there are secret teachings but I checked if those mantras are EVERYWHERE before asking - I would never break samaya!

No hard feelings, but between you and the Geshes, no doubt who I will follow... :thumbsup: Anachronism is no virtue sign!

Tashi delek S,

- Which book would that be from Lopon La ?
- Why is Guru Yoga used to be secret ?
Gandharva

Post by Gandharva »

lelopa wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:51 pm
Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche openly taught in a book a Drenpa Namkha guru yoga that used to be secret.....
in a book?!?

heart essence??
Yes, in this book.
It's not only a prayer, it's a complete guru yoga: he explains everything in detail and even how to visualize oneself as Drenpa Namkha.
Gandharva

Post by Gandharva »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Sadhaka wrote:

Check yourself.

Tashi delek S,

- Which book would that be from Lopon La ?
- Why is Guru Yoga used to be secret ?
Tashi delek,

It is The Heart Essence of the Khandro.
I don't know the reason why it used to be secret, but he states that it was time to make these teachings open to benefit many more beings.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Gandharva wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:18 am
lelopa wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:51 pm
in a book?!?

heart essence??
Yes, in this book.
It's not only a prayer, it's a complete guru yoga: he explains everything in detail and even how to visualize oneself as Drenpa Namkha.
found it....
Lost In Transmission
kalden yungdrung

booker

Post by booker »

Hi.
I've heard using wrathful mantras without initiation may lead one to some bad consequences, ie. harming oneself and others. I'm not sure to what degree this is applicable, but if we read ie. Heart Drops of Dharmakaya, there's a line over there some dzogchen practices can lead to not so nice consequences. I think in general when we're talking about powerful practice one should be aware there was some reason in the past these practices were secret and not just given to any "person from the street". I'd think likely someone without proper introduction might find it unable to hold the power properly and just go nuts, instead the power to transform one properly. No idea. But in general I'd think people should be cautious with careless practice of wrathful deities. Being ignorant to the power of fire will not help your hand not get burned, me thinks. Hope people will have this respect the same way ;)
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"

Return to “Bön”