Upcoming translations of Bon texts

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
mutsuk

Re: Upcoming translations of Bon texts

Post by mutsuk »

ZhangZhung wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:52 pm I thought that since these texts were translated under the guidance of the Gyalwa Thirty-Third Menri Trizin, that they would at least be decent translations.
Me too. But HH's english would not enable him to check if the translations were correct. Same for the Geshe who works with Mr Brown, a very good and qualified Geshe who apparently has a lot of difficulties in trying to have Mr Brown correct his mistakes...
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Removed some counter productive posts.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
fckw

Post by fckw »

mutsuk wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:09 pm
fckw wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:17 pm it's an investment, though.
And a dramatic waste of time and money. The "translator" is not a the level of understanding the language of the text he "translates".
So, where have you been able to get the book from? I'm asking because I was not able to have a look at the quality of the translation myself, since I have not yet found any seller who actually has this book available.
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

fckw wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:33 pm So, where have you been able to get the book from? I'm asking because I was not able to have a look at the quality of the translation myself, since I have not yet found any seller who actually has this book available.
Book Depository.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

mutsuk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:35 pm
fckw wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:33 pm So, where have you been able to get the book from? I'm asking because I was not able to have a look at the quality of the translation myself, since I have not yet found any seller who actually has this book available.
Book Depository.
Amazon
fckw

Post by fckw »

I tried it from either of the sites really not a long time ago (maybe 3 - 4 weeks) and was notified by both of sites that the book was not available despite being listed. Which is quite odd, I had never experienced that before. Not sure whether this has anything to do with shipping policies or that I had tried to order it at a too early date.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

fckw wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:58 pm I tried it from either of the sites really not a long time ago (maybe 3 - 4 weeks) and was notified by both of sites that the book was not available despite being listed. Which is quite odd, I had never experienced that before. Not sure whether this has anything to do with shipping policies or that I had tried to order it at a too early date.
It's definitely available. I checked via AbeBooks and a listing for Book Depository appeared, with 10 available books. Granted, I wouldn't buy it since it's very expensive, and due to the translation issues pointed out in this thread and another.
gelukman

Post by gelukman »

If you wait some weeks, price will go down. I guess...

Return to “Bön”