Mantras for a friend in labor

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Pårl

Mantras for a friend in labor

Post by Pårl »

Good morning everyone,

I just got an SMS from my Viola teacher saying that my lesson today is cancelled because she is in hospital; no further information. She is 37 weeks pregnant, so I am hoping this is good news. That said, the SMS didn't say much, but I'm probably reading too much into. Can't help feeling worried. Are there are any particular mantras I could use to focus on her in hospital from my home? I feel a bit helpless - i'm sure there is nothing wrong. But would like to turn to the dharma for some guidance here.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Paul
Hazel
Former staff member

Re: Mantras for a friend in labor

Post by Hazel »

Paul2020 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:05 am Good morning everyone,

I just got an SMS from my Viola teacher saying that my lesson today is cancelled because she is in hospital; no further information. She is 37 weeks pregnant, so I am hoping this is good news. That said, the SMS didn't say much, but I'm probably reading too much into. Can't help feeling worried. Are there are any particular mantras I could use to focus on her in hospital from my home? I feel a bit helpless - i'm sure there is nothing wrong. But would like to turn to the dharma for some guidance here.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Paul
Did you find out more information?
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Pårl

Post by Pårl »

Hi Hazel,

Thanks for your response and your concern. All is well (phew!). A bit early and a bit longer stay in the hospital than usual, but all is well now. I had my first viola lesson a week ago - it was quite strange since I've only ever known my teacher as being pregnant and with an anti-COVID mask. Now we are both fully vaccinated and her baby (Alma) has been born. So no masks and no more baby belly! It's like meeting her all over again! :)
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Paul2020 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:14 am Hi Hazel,

Thanks for your response and your concern. All is well (phew!). A bit early and a bit longer stay in the hospital than usual, but all is well now. I had my first viola lesson a week ago - it was quite strange since I've only ever known my teacher as being pregnant and with an anti-COVID mask. Now we are both fully vaccinated and her baby (Alma) has been born. So no masks and no more baby belly! It's like meeting her all over again! :)
Glad to hear she's well! These things can be quite scary. When one has little information, our imagination becomes our own enemy!
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Pårl

Post by Pårl »

Indeed - I'm sure there's an evolutionary reason for it. Anyway - I have my next lesson tomorrow. So'll be able to see Alma and my teacher again. It's something I look forward to every Sunday afternoon. :)

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”