What's the best-smelling / flavor of incense, and where do you buy from?

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Heimdall

Re: What's the best-smelling / flavor of incense, and where do you buy from?

Post by Heimdall »

So I wanted to hold off on posting this until I got some and tried it, and I have - it's good stuff. I bought the "Byzantine" incense, and it's the same incense my old Eastern Orthodox Church used. Like identical.

I you have no qualms buying incense from an Eastern Orthodox monastery,
check this place out for resin-type incense:

https://www.holycross.org/collections/incense-worship

They supply tons of Eastern Orthodox Churches in North America and presumably around the world.

They have tons of unique flavors.
Learning

Post by Learning »

I favor Frankensense and myrrh. It smells very pleasant, and I read that it has been shown to reduce anxiety! Also, my little daughter calls it "Frankenstein" insence, which makes me like it that much more :)
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

I like Lama Chöpa incense.

It’s cooked up by Poppa Rinpoche at Tashi Jong using over forty different medicinal herbs. Every now and then he’ll show visitors the process of making the incense, it’s actually pretty interesting.
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

I just found a great incense a few weeks ago. It's a blend of frankincense, myrrh, and sandalwood; it's produced by Triloka. It's one of the best smelling incenses I've ever found.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”