Nature of existence

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
Yklah

Nature of existence

Post by Yklah »

Hi everyone, my question is as follows:

How is it possible that my conscious existence/experience exists, if I have not decided to exist at all? How is it possible that I exist against my will, because may be I do not want to exist? How is it possible that I exist, since i have not decided to come into being?

Thanks in advanced
White Lotus

Re: Nature of existence

Post by White Lotus »

My answer follows your question.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Nature of existence

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Yklah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:56 pmHow is it possible that my conscious existence/experience exists, if I have not decided to exist at all? How is it possible that I exist against my will, because may be I do not want to exist? How is it possible that I exist, since i have not decided to come into being?
If you can find where this “I” you are referring to actually exists, where it is located, how long it has been there, start there.
Good luck finding where that is.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”