Untranslated Chod Sadhanas?

Dharmaswede

Untranslated Chod Sadhanas?

Post by Dharmaswede »

Is anyone aware of, and direct me to, untranslated Sadhanas?
fckw

Re: Untranslated Chod Sadhanas?

Post by fckw »

This gentleman is sort of an expert on Chöd practices: https://ganden.ch/lodro-tulku-rinpoche/?lang=en. From what I've heard in his youth he used to travel around in Tibet a lot to get all sorts of Chöd transmissions.
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

Thank you.
Danny

Post by Danny »

fckw wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 pm This gentleman is sort of an expert on Chöd practices: https://ganden.ch/lodro-tulku-rinpoche/?lang=en. From what I've heard in his youth he used to travel around in Tibet a lot to get all sorts of Chöd transmissions.
Thanks for sharing that link.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

fckw wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 pm This gentleman is sort of an expert on Chöd practices: https://ganden.ch/lodro-tulku-rinpoche/?lang=en. From what I've heard in his youth he used to travel around in Tibet a lot to get all sorts of Chöd transmissions.
I did a chod retreat with Lodro Tulku Rinpoche. I really liked it. Good explanation, he seems to be very knowledgeable. It looks authentic and at the same time there really is an effort to allow modern practitionners to understand and integrate this practice. The three empowerments were really deep gift.

They offer online seminar, so even for people far away, they could benefits.
nyonchung

Post by nyonchung »

Dharmaswede wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:17 pm Is anyone aware of, and direct me to, untranslated Sadhanas?
If you handle Tibetan, dozens if not hundreds available on BDRC / TBRC , but what to do, scholarly research?
Stick to the tranmission received, possibly ask your teacher if there are shorter or longer versions (In the karma-kagyü tradition thereare very short practices for busy people, in the nam chos of Namché Mingyur Dorjé also), the standard shangpa one is pretty long
and you will still need not only the lung but explanations from a competent teacher, the texts are often elliptic, key elements sometimes deliberately missing (mantras and visualitions, specially of the phowa)
and some go with a very specific wang (I think about the terma traditions including from Thangtong Gyelpo's) :reading: are part of a complete progressive training
some traditions are lost
plus the context of practice, it can really mean going to frightening places, maybe possible in the US, hardly envisonable in France, police will come soon

All the best
smyon chung
Last edited by nyonchung on Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chod”