Machig Ling and Chödpa Lama Rinpoche?

Dharmaswede

Machig Ling and Chödpa Lama Rinpoche?

Post by Dharmaswede »

Does anyone have experiences, references, or background on https://machigling.org/?

Responses can be sent to me privately if that is more appropriate.

Thank you.
PeterC

Re: Machig Ling and Chödpa Lama Rinpoche?

Post by PeterC »

Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

Oh.

Thank you!

I will keep that in mind next time...
DawnLhamo

Post by DawnLhamo »

Hi, There was some controversy as to if this is a real Lama- I asked for a mo confirmation/ clarification (from a previous mo from another person) and they asked for a donation and I paid them on Paypal. His staff replied with almost no answer to my question and when I asked for clarification or details twice, no response at all. They were very quick to reply to take the donation and were not helpful to me, I can't say if he's legit or not, jusy offering my experience.

I also think he and his dad Yogi Lama came to Boulder/ Longmont in the mid 90's, does anyone remember that? I had a weird experience with them too, his two children hard see to buy a $400 treasure vase to "remove obstacles" and I had to fight them down to refuse.

I hate to be a skeptic these days, but there are some amazing Lamas out there, and also... others. ;)
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

DawnLhamo wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:10 pm Hi, There was some controversy as to if this is a real Lama- I asked for a mo confirmation/ clarification (from a previous mo from another person) and they asked for a donation and I paid them on Paypal. His staff replied with almost no answer to my question and when I asked for clarification or details twice, no response at all. They were very quick to reply to take the donation and were not helpful to me, I can't say if he's legit or not, jusy offering my experience.

I also think he and his dad Yogi Lama came to Boulder/ Longmont in the mid 90's, does anyone remember that? I had a weird experience with them too, his two children hard see to buy a $400 treasure vase to "remove obstacles" and I had to fight them down to refuse.

I hate to be a skeptic these days, but there are some amazing Lamas out there, and also... others. ;)
You said, "There was some controversy as to if this is a real Lama." Do you have a citation for that controversy? Or does this exclusively relate to your experiences mentioned?
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
GrapeLover

Post by GrapeLover »

Hazel wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 am
DawnLhamo wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:10 pm Hi, There was some controversy as to if this is a real Lama- I asked for a mo confirmation/ clarification (from a previous mo from another person) and they asked for a donation and I paid them on Paypal. His staff replied with almost no answer to my question and when I asked for clarification or details twice, no response at all. They were very quick to reply to take the donation and were not helpful to me, I can't say if he's legit or not, jusy offering my experience.

You said, "There was some controversy as to if this is a real Lama." Do you have a citation for that controversy? Or does this exclusively relate to your experiences mentioned?
In the thread linked above by PeterC

Return to “Chod”