Lodrö Tulku Rinpoche

Lobsang Chojor

Lodrö Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Does anyone know anything about Lodrö Tulku Rinpoche, he's giving a chöd empowerment in Switzerland that I'm considering but I want to check him out first.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Dharmaswede

Re: Lodrö Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Dharmaswede »

I don't know him first hand, but I certainly consider him legitimate.
fckw

Post by fckw »

He is the only Tibetan Buddhist teacher from Tibet I know who actually speaks German fluently. As I'm also fluent in German it was somehow touching to hear teachings from him in this language. Also, he's quite erudite, so it's actually interesting to hear him talk about a subject where he draws from various sources he researched upon before a retreat. He's also quite thorough in his background research, I learned quite a few things from him about some dakini mandala that I had not heard of before.

If you are interested in Chöd then you should understand that, when it comes to Chöd, he is exceptional among Tibetan teachers. He has spent many years of his life visiting all teachers from all small and large Chöd lineages he ever heard of in order to obtain a transmission. In some cases he apparently waited for years until he could get a transmission from a specific teacher, or he would travel vast distances to visit a teacher who hold a rather obscure Chöd lineage. If you become a member of the Chöd study program (which I'm not, by the way) you will not simply learn "a Chöd practice" but actually get to study from several Chöd lineages and learn about their differences etc. See for example here: https://ganden.ch/event/chod-introducti ... /?lang=en/.
In this sense he is also a proponent of the rimé (non-sectarian) movement uniting Chöd practices from all major schools of Tibetan Buddhism (don't know whether he also visited bon teachers though), although his original background is Gelug.

I can definitely recommend him. Please keep in mind that he is not a young man anymore, so I recommend that if you have an opportunity to go there take it rather sooner than later.
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

fckw wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:26 pm He is the only Tibetan Buddhist teacher from Tibet I know who actually speaks German fluently. As I'm also fluent in German it was somehow touching to hear teachings from him in this language. Also, he's quite erudite, so it's actually interesting to hear him talk about a subject where he draws from various sources he researched upon before a retreat. He's also quite thorough in his background research, I learned quite a few things from him about some dakini mandala that I had not heard of before.

If you are interested in Chöd then you should understand that, when it comes to Chöd, he is exceptional among Tibetan teachers. He has spent many years of his life visiting all teachers from all small and large Chöd lineages he ever heard of in order to obtain a transmission. In some cases he apparently waited for years until he could get a transmission from a specific teacher, or he would travel vast distances to visit a teacher who hold a rather obscure Chöd lineage. If you become a member of the Chöd study program (which I'm not, by the way) you will not simply learn "a Chöd practice" but actually get to study from several Chöd lineages and learn about their differences etc. See for example here: https://ganden.ch/event/chod-introducti ... /?lang=en/.
In this sense he is also a proponent of the rimé (non-sectarian) movement uniting Chöd practices from all major schools of Tibetan Buddhism (don't know whether he also visited bon teachers though), although his original background is Gelug.

I can definitely recommend him. Please keep in mind that he is not a young man anymore, so I recommend that if you have an opportunity to go there take it rather sooner than later.
Thank you, that is excellent. I've heard a few good things from him and one of my gurus recommended him so I'll make an effort to receive instruction from him.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ

Return to “Chod”