Announcement: genkaku Adam Fisher

jackal3

Announcement: genkaku Adam Fisher

Post by jackal3 »

Hi,

Those of us who were on E-sangha might remember genkaku, a Zen practitioner and writer.

genkaku recently passed away. You can find more details here: https://genkaku-again.blogspot.com/2021 ... ather.html

His family also created a GoFundMe to support funeral costs.

This notice has also been posted on NewBuddhist forum. I do not know where all the Zen Forum people have gone, but hopefully some old friends will see this too.

Gassho,

A former E-sangha friend (of old)
Last edited by Ayu on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to Gofundme deleted due to our Terms of Service.
KeithA

Re: Announcement: genkaku Adam Fisher

Post by KeithA »

jackal3 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:28 am Hi,

Those of us who were on E-sangha might remember genkaku, a Zen practitioner and writer.

genkaku recently passed away. You can find more details here: https://genkaku-again.blogspot.com/2021 ... ather.html

This notice has also been posted on NewBuddhist forum. I do not know where all the Zen Forum people have gone, but hopefully some old friends will see this too.

Gassho,

Thank you for this update. I don't live far from Adam, and I had hoped to go sit with him one day. I still repeat his words often: "Practice, and see what happens".

Ji Jang Bosal
Ji Jang Bosal
Ji Jang Bosal

When walking, standing, sitting, lying down, speaking,
being silent, moving, being still.
At all times, in all places, without interruption - what is this?
One mind is infinite kalpas.

New Haven Zen Center
clyde

Post by clyde »

burning stick of incense.jpg
burning stick of incense.jpg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 951 times
“Enlightenment means to see what harm you are involved in and to renounce it.” David Brazier, The New Buddhism

“The most straightforward advice on awakening enlightened mind is this: practice not causing harm to anyone—yourself or others—and every day, do what you can to be helpful.” Pema Chodron, “What to Do When the Going Gets Rough”
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

jackal3 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:28 am Hi,

Gassho,

Thank you for the news.
Back in the days of the grey forum I developed the habit of looking at the right-hand column of 'active topics' and making sure to read anything by the contributors I respected the most. Huifeng was one; Genkaku was another.

:namaste:
Kim

:meditate:

Return to “Zen”