Sound in Zen

Russian

Re: Sound in Zen

Post by Russian »

Sayings of Zen Master Sung San Dae Sung Sa Nim:

"All things are like a dream, a phantom, a soap bubble, or like a reflection. They are like dew or a flash of lightning. So you should see them. If you are attached to thinking, then everything has a name and a form. It is a world of opposites. But the name and the form keep changing, changing, changing. For this reason, everything is impermanent. Everything is like a dream, like a dewdrop, a soap bubble, or a flash of lightning. Nothing stands still, but it is constantly changing. But there is a way to experience the true nature of the ever-changing universe. Just don't get attached to the world of opposites. Don't get attached to the outside world. Don't get attached to names and forms. If you stick to it, then your mind doesn't move. You achieve that names and forms are basically empty. This whole universe is empty. You are empty yourself. Nothing comes and goes. Nothing appears or disappears. When you hold such a mind, you will soon reach your true nature. If you are not tied to the name and form, you are completely free".
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Different language use works for different people.
It’s eye blinking.
Russian

Post by Russian »

Sayings of Zen Master Sung San Dae Sung Sa Nim:

"Who created this world that appears and disappears? Where does everything come from and where does everything go when it disappears? If you practice hard, you can see that your own mind has created it all. Then who created this mind? "I" created it. If the self disappears, the mind disappears, and the whole universe disappears. When the self disappears, appearance is only appearance, and disappearance is only disappearance. That is why when there is no "I" your mind becomes clear as space, which means it is clear as a mirror. But when our eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, and mind do not hold the mind-moment, then everything is an illusion. We call this "mind-of-the-moment". If you reach this mind, then the moment of the whole world stops. From moment to moment, you can see this world completely stopped. When you practice meditation for a long time, you can stop your mind and then you can actually perceive that every moment of your life is truly infinite in time and space. That's why we call it "mind-of-the-moment." It is immobile and always complete, perfect. It is a mind that is beyond time and space. Then, when you see, hear, smell, taste, touch, think-everything, just as it is, is already perfect. It is very important to understand this. The Lotus Sutra teaches us about achieving perfect peace of mind. We sometimes call it the One Mind. All these are just names for the primordial mind. So, how do you discard your original reason? A single mind. When you do something, just do it. In the just-do-it-mind, there is no subject and object, no inside and outside. How do we practice? When you do something, just do it. Don't create anything in your mind. Just do it. As soon as you begin to check your feelings, circumstances, and situation, and then hold on to them, immediately there is a certain imbalance. You generate the energies of opposites. The longer and stronger you hold on to something, the greater the imbalance and disharmony in your mind. But if you keep a clear mind and don't check anything, then nothing in this world is a problem for you. So, if you want to pass through the gate of Zen, first you must completely cut off the attachment to thinking, and return to the mind-before-thinking. For educational purposes, we sometimes call it the "I don't know"mind. To achieve it is very simple and not so long. Just ask yourself very deeply, " What am I?" What will appear before you is only "I don't know..." This is your true nature".
Russian

Post by Russian »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 am Different language use works for different people.
They use the practice of meditation, teachers arrange retreats. Sung San founded the international school Kwan Um School of Zen, you have many centers of this school in America and many teachers.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Different individual different karma...I am done :lol:

Yes one should go to seek a center.
It’s eye blinking.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

From what he said, it looks like beholding the mind still as meditation practice something like that. I don’t know yo.
Last edited by LastLegend on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
It’s eye blinking.
Russian

Post by Russian »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 am
Have you ever heard of this teacher before? Sung San is known throughout the Western world. He has many disciples to whom he has imparted the Dharma. I loved the Dharma talks, the Dharma talks of Zen master Wu Bong. He was an American of Polish descent, a US citizen, a disciple of Sung San, to whom he had passed the Dharma.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

No...but from what I think Korean Zen is cool and interesting.
It’s eye blinking.
Russian

Post by Russian »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:21 am
Sung San has many students, but what I like most is how Wu Bong taught the Dharma:

Zen Master Wu Bong on the Nature of Suffering - https://youtu.be/F3HfTMeWYPo
Russian

Post by Russian »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 am No...but from what I think Korean Zen is cool and interesting.
1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwan_Um_School_of_Zen

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seungsahn

3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wubong
Russian

Post by Russian »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 am No...but from what I think Korean Zen is cool and interesting.
Well, it is worth considering that the Korean tradition was presented mainly by Sung San, because he was a Korean monk from Korea. and his subsequent students, being Americans, already gave, presented their own style. His American students may already have their own style. For example, non-religious, non-religious, secular. There is such a teacher - Oleg Shuk, he does not believe in karma, does not believe in reincarnation. That is, I am writing this now, that you need to find a good teacher who really understands the wisdom of zen, and not so that he turns out to be a verbiage, so that he does not talk nonsense. One should look for a teacher who has understood prajna. And to do this, you need to look at the teachers, listen to what they say, check with what we read in Zen literature, you need to check the teacher. And if it is suitable, only then it becomes a student of a proven teacher.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

All I know is mind is clear is when it’s not obstructed or nothing is blocking it.
It’s eye blinking.

Return to “Zen”