Can you forget everything?

master of puppets

Post by master of puppets »

In western languge.

Or could you empty your cup?

In zen language.

Cause it takes me 15 years to be able to save or break loose my self from the teachings now when I look back.

Can you believe all was done to be able to forget everything. :crying:
LastLegend

Re: Can you forget everything?

Post by LastLegend »

menver560 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm Can you forget everything?

In western languge.

Or could you empty your cup?

In zen language.

Cause it takes me 15 years to be able to save or break loose my self from the teachings now when I look back.

Can you believe all was done to be able to forget everything. :crying:
It’s not easy. But successfully done, you’ll be enlightened.
It’s eye blinking.
friendly

Post by friendly »

Please forget and not forget at same time. Please put down all words, names, category, division while still live in life of words, names, category, dovision. Clear sky and clouds are all clear sky. Weeds are just ground come to life. No need to empty all cloud or pull all weeds to see perfect sky and ground. Empty cup still same cup when holding tea or no tea.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Empty cup to be clear of what Wisdom is.
It’s eye blinking.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

What's the purpose of forgetting everything? Forgetting everything is Alzheimer's disease.
master of puppets

There is a scene in the movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.there the master says you should first learn to hold the sword without moving.

I never see a living master before nor do I have read many books. My knowledge mostly comes from what I expect and what I think about.

But as far as I know we should give up fighting with the words.as well as teachings.

Teaching is emptiness and the way is beyond words.

I have learned that the mind should be empty.

From all kind of expectations.

I think any thought that clouds the mind is the disease of the mind.sickness in sickness.

Once the clear mind seen one will free to think whatever he wants.

all I can say
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Some things are worth remembering.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
master of puppets

thanks for the teaching. what will you remember from the teaching, emptiness.
master of puppets

_/\_ that's a good cover. Can one cover the teaching?
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Forget things like whether a table is mind only or appearance because knowing that doesn’t help anything...Yogacara.

On a serious note, forget everything and only that Wisdom remaining so that we can ‘slip’ into the full blown Wisdom or remembering our past life. I don’t know how to do that. Would need to find a time to do that.
It’s eye blinking.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

I appreciate what you are saying. We remember our forgetfulness until we forget it. We forget self no self.
We forget real illusory. We know unknowing. We understand no understanding. We are left with emptiness
But tend to forget that too.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

White Lotus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:08 pm I appreciate what you are saying. We remember our forgetfulness until we forget it. We forget self no self.
We forget real illusory. We know unknowing. We understand no understanding. We are left with emptiness
But tend to forget that too.
Okay
But there is something right there called a abyss of ignorance.
It’s eye blinking.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

What is thought to be a hindrance is dharma views which manifest as delusion. But we don’t go to the source/cause of receiving suffering and delusional perceptions and severe them. That’s individual path.
It’s eye blinking.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

Lastly, enlightened ignorance? Still a nest to become attached to?

Ignorance is knowledge of any kind about enlightenment?

Rgds, Tom x
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
master of puppets

menver560 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:34 pm Can one cover the teachings?
Maybe a Boddhisattva can do that.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

White Lotus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 pm Lastly, enlightened ignorance? Still a nest to become attached to?

Ignorance is knowledge of any kind about enlightenment?

Rgds, Tom x
There are two scenarios:
1) Enlightened of Arahant: completely severed cause of suffering and delusional perceptions. However, they still operate by consciousness which means they haven’t transcend this skandhas.

2) What knows about enlightenment is still consciousness and followed by karma. Once transcended consciousness, they use karma to further training. At this point, they should know life and death by choice. They can choose to leave or stay.

One is still stuck with a skandha consciousness the other use all skandhas.
Last edited by LastLegend on Tue May 12, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s eye blinking.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Yes, you can have an experience which is like stage fright, where suddenly you have forgotten your role, forgotten all your lines, completely lost the character you’ve been playing for so many years.

Usually, this is triggered by what is called a “moment of truth” like when your life is very suddenly in danger. But it can be triggered by many things. Very often, it occurs when you are confronted with the fact that you have been fooling yourself or lying to yourself without realizing it. For example, someone who imagines they are an expert is suddenly confronted by a real expert.

However, even as intense as this experience may be, the tendency to fall back into our ego-driven role play is very strong, and after a few days, this particular satori is likely to fade.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:21 pm Yes, you can have an experience which is like stage fright, where suddenly you have forgotten your role, forgotten all your lines, completely lost the character you’ve been playing for so many years.

Usually, this is triggered by what is called a “moment of truth” like when your life is very suddenly in danger. But it can be triggered by many things. Very often, it occurs when you are confronted with the fact that you have been fooling yourself or lying to yourself without realizing it. For example, someone who imagines they are an expert is suddenly confronted by a real expert.

However, even as intense as this experience may be, the tendency to fall back into our ego-driven role play is very strong, and after a few days, this particular satori is likely to fade.
It’s karma dude, and manifestation of what we think satori is when it’s very possible manifestations of consciousness?
Satori isn’t anything other than no confused by karma any place anywhere any time because of Wisdom is completely seen with no mistake. But while we are here we live just like everyone else.
It’s eye blinking.
master of puppets

LastLegend wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:50 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:21 pm Yes, you can have an experience which is like stage fright, where suddenly you have forgotten your role, forgotten all your lines, completely lost the character you’ve been playing for so many years.

It’s karma dude, and manifestation of what we think satori is when it’s very possible manifestations of consciousness?
Satori isn’t anything other than no confused by karma any place anywhere any time because of Wisdom is completely seen with no mistake. But while we are here we live just like everyone’s else.
Can an enlightened one be fooled by a fool?

Return to “Zen”