Beginner

magdalena

Beginner

Post by magdalena »

I'm new to Shingon Buddhism.
I'm probably 100 miles from the nearest teacher, so I'm on my own.I have found a daily practice on this site, but as for the thirteen mantras I have no idea how to pronounce them in Japanese. I need to see them written phonetically. Is there a place on this site that can help with this? Thank you 😊
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Beginner

Post by Queequeg »

magdalena wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:22 pm I'm new to Shingon Buddhism.
I'm probably 100 miles from the nearest teacher, so I'm on my own.I have found a daily practice on this site, but as for the thirteen mantras I have no idea how to pronounce them in Japanese. I need to see them written phonetically. Is there a place on this site that can help with this? Thank you 😊
Hi.

Shingon is most definitely not a DIY path. You will need to connect with a teacher. You might consider contacting the teacher first. 100 miles is not a significant obstacle to communication in this digital age.

Good luck.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
magdalena

Post by magdalena »

Thank you 😊
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

magdalena wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:43 pm Thank you 😊
Let us know how it goes. :smile:
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
GDPR_Anonymized001

Post by GDPR_Anonymized001 »

Hi Magdalena, welcome to DW. Curious how you first discovered Shingon?
magdalena

Post by magdalena »

jake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am
Hello
I've always had an interest in Japan. So of course Buddhism is a large part of Japan's culture and traditions and who the Japanese people are. I've researched different types of Buddhism but I'm always drawn back to Shingon. Whether I find a teacher or not I'll continue on this path as far as I can go. Thank you for asking 😊
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

magdalena wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:51 pm
jake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:36 am
Hello
I've always had an interest in Japan. So of course Buddhism is a large part of Japan's culture and traditions and who the Japanese people are. I've researched different types of Buddhism but I'm always drawn back to Shingon. Whether I find a teacher or not I'll continue on this path as far as I can go. Thank you for asking 😊
i have had so many initiations from a Tibetan Teacher...one of which there is this protector deity that is in Shingon...He cropped up in an initiation to purify the room and us...Rinpoche pointed to this as a deity revered in Shingon ..could you mention it if you heard of Him.i can't recall ...and think of Him often ...lol....
magdalena

Post by magdalena »

Minobu, would it be Citipati? I'm not familiar with a lot of Deities yet, mainly Dainichi Nyorai and Shakyamuni, a few others 😊
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Hey Magdalena, I've been wondering about you since you first made a post. Have you found a teacher to support your journey?

Return to “Shingon”