Can anyone recommend similar chant recordings?

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
anagarika

Can anyone recommend similar chant recordings?

Post by anagarika »

Hello my noble friends,

I´ve stumbled upon this thoroughly mesmerising chanting of the Lotus Sutra by Nikko Hansen and would love to hear more in this style:

My problem with chanting videos/recordings on YouTube is that the vast majority of them is absolutely inauthentic, sappy, commercial, using cheesy synths and stupid melodies... I have a solid collection of some Tibetans chants, but would love to find more recordings in this particular style - this very vigorous, fast chanting with occassional growls etc... Unfortunately, there are only two pieces by Nikko Hansen available... Do you have any tips?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Can anyone recommend similar chant recordings?

Post by Ayu »

How about the video list of the user who posted that?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4SHD ... SSjSJ3yQ7w
It's not too long though.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Ayu wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:04 pm How about the video list of the user who posted that?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4SHD ... SSjSJ3yQ7w
It's not too long though.
That was the first thing I tried but unfortunately the rest is just visuals + electronic (pop) music :/
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

That is Nichiren school chanting of the Lotus Sutra. Not native Japanese speakers, so to my ears it grates a little. LOL

Learn it and you can do it for yourself.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Speeds vary. Intensity varies.

There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Media”