Wisdom Academy - Moved from Tibetan Forum

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Daniel Aitken

Re: Wisdom Academy - Moved from Tibetan Forum

Post by Daniel Aitken »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:34 am
PeterC wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 am I would strongly recommend Malcolm's Dzogchen course on this site. It's excellent. The first lecture is free - it explains the history of the different lineages and empowerments - and that alone is information that's hard to find anywhere else
I'm going through the B. Allan Wallace series first, but Malcolm's are in my library.
And, an Alan Wallace lecture series has been filmed and is coming soon.

Also, we are currently filming a lecture series with John Dunne as part of a science and philosophy book project we are working on with His Holiness the Dalai Lama. And, tomorrow night I will be hosting a live Q&A with John on Varieties of Buddhist Meditation. I'll make the page open so that everyone can join us. Please bring your questions to ask via the chat. It is at 6 PM Eastern Time on Friday, December 6... and here is the link https://wisdomexperience.org/livestream-john-dunne/
PSM

Post by PSM »

PeterC wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 am I would strongly recommend Malcolm's Dzogchen course on this site. It's excellent. The first lecture is free - it explains the history of the different lineages and empowerments - and that alone is information that's hard to find anywhere else
Great lectures from Malcolm - excellent background information.

I really miss his posts.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

PSM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:16 pm

I really miss his posts.
So do I, but honestly I think this is a better format for him to share his knowledge. It allows him to go deeper
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

I still think that someone should ask him back
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

He is carrying on in the Facebook group Ask the Acarya.
PeterC wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:10 am

I really miss his posts.
So do I, but honestly I think this is a better format for him to share his knowledge. It allows him to go deeper
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Matt J wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:42 am He is carrying on in the Facebook group Ask the Acarya.

I really miss his posts.
Yes, but then I would have to join Facebook, which is a wretched hive of scum and villany
PSM

Post by PSM »

PeterC wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 am
Matt J wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:42 am He is carrying on in the Facebook group Ask the Acarya.

Yes, but then I would have to join Facebook, which is a wretched hive of scum and villany
I binged on the three modules on Wisdom last night. I learned a huge amount, although it really was like drinking from the firehose.

Oh god, I've just joined Facebook in order to get access to Malcolm again... :crazy: :techproblem:
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

He is also doing retreats now.
PeterC wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 am Yes, but then I would have to join Facebook, which is a wretched hive of scum and villany
I feel your pain.
PSM wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:38 am Oh god, I've just joined Facebook in order to get access to Malcolm again... :crazy: :techproblem:
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
PSM

Post by PSM »

This would obviously be a question best directed at Malcolm, but what is the best route to being as educated as he is? I have been to many seminars etc., but they are not not in the same level of detail nor deal with the same topics which Malcolm talks about.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

I am intetested in Malcoms videos and BAW's Foolish Dharma. Will I have access to these materials for $5 month?
PSM

Post by PSM »

Yes, I got access to Malcolm's videos for $5 - well worth it.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

PSM wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:46 pm This would obviously be a question best directed at Malcolm, but what is the best route to being as educated as he is? I have been to many seminars etc., but they are not not in the same level of detail nor deal with the same topics which Malcolm talks about.
Online forums of course :jumping:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Lukeinaz wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 pm I am intetested in Malcoms videos and BAW's Foolish Dharma. Will I have access to these materials for $5 month?
The book or the course? As far as I understand, you only get access to the full BAW courses with the $30 membership, and the $5 mainly gives access to a few videos and the books. Maybe Daniel can clarify it for us?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Daniel Aitken

Post by Daniel Aitken »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 pm I am intetested in Malcoms videos and BAW's Foolish Dharma. Will I have access to these materials for $5 month?
The book or the course? As far as I understand, you only get access to the full BAW courses with the $30 membership, and the $5 mainly gives access to a few videos and the books. Maybe Daniel can clarify it for us?
The academy courses like Foolish Dharma are only available at the $30 level. The current lecture series is available at $5 level.

So, if you are on the $5 level you will want to watch the Malcolm lecture series now because when the Wallace lecture series is made available, then Malcolm’s will only be available to the $30 level.

And thanks for all the support! I’m trying to make high quality dharma available to as many people as possible and it’s so encouraging to see these posts.

And, don’t forget to join me for the live stream on meditation and science starting in 2 hours it will be fantastic.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

This is livestream that Daniel A. referred to - beginning in 20 minutes...with John Dunne

https://wisdomexperience.org/livestream ... 022b1ec50d

May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
PSM

Post by PSM »

When will the further videos of Malcolm be released?
Daniel Aitken

Post by Daniel Aitken »

PSM wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:53 am When will the further videos of Malcolm be released?
There will be one a week for the next three weeks.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Daniel Aitken wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:53 pm
PSM wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:53 am When will the further videos of Malcolm be released?
So I just joined at the five dollar level and it appears I dont have access to Malcoms first lecture, just FYI if you were thinking of joining specifically for Malcom.
Daniel Aitken

Post by Daniel Aitken »

Lukeinaz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:22 pm
Daniel Aitken wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:53 pm
So I just joined at the five dollar level and it appears I dont have access to Malcoms first lecture, just FYI if you were thinking of joining specifically for Malcom.
Strange. The first lecture is available to even free members. I did a quick check and things look okay on the back end, but I’ll make sure the team get in touch with you about it on Monday to get you access to the lecture series.
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

I can access it, and I've signed up at base level.
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi

Return to “Media”