Wisdom Academy - Moved from Tibetan Forum

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Lukeinaz

Re: Wisdom Academy - Moved from Tibetan Forum

Post by Lukeinaz »

Daniel Aitken wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:57 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:22 pm
Daniel Aitken wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:53 pm

There will be one a week for the next three weeks.
So I just joined at the five dollar level and it appears I dont have access to Malcoms first lecture, just FYI if you were thinking of joining specifically for Malcom.
Strange. The first lecture is available to even free members. I did a quick check and things look okay on the back end, but I’ll make sure the team get in touch with you about it on Monday to get you access to the lecture series.
Sorry, its all set. Platform is a bit clumsy on old phone. Is there a way to see only content that is available with subscription? Def will upgrade when I can. Nice wotk!
PSM

Post by PSM »

Daniel Aitken wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:53 pm
PSM wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:53 am When will the further videos of Malcolm be released?
There will be one a week for the next three weeks.
Great - there's a new one today, I see. :smile:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Really happy with the full access Wisdom membership, if you can afford it the $30 it's well worth it. The BAW course I'm taking is fantastic.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Daniel Aitken

Post by Daniel Aitken »

Hi friends,

A reminder for Wisdom Experience Members (plus and all access) that Malcolm will be answering your questions live in a little over 3 hours (6 pm EST) at: 

https://wisdomexperience.org/livestream ... f03e0b16a0

Please join us and bring all your questions! 

Cheers,

Daniel
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

going live...
AmidaB

Malcolm Smith Q and A

Post by AmidaB »

Thank you Mr. Smith.

https://wisdomexperience.org/livestream-malcolm-smith/

unusually long and exhaustive answers are also here or there, whatever :twothumbsup:
Malcolm

Re: Malcolm Smith Q and A

Post by Malcolm »

AmidaB wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 pm Thank you Mr. Smith.

https://wisdomexperience.org/livestream-malcolm-smith/

unusually long and exhaustive answers are also here or there, whatever :twothumbsup:
Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed the talk.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

It was good stuff, never thought I'd see you mention the Four Noble Truths in a Dzogchen context, like some kind of dirty gradualist;)

-Khunu Lama
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:12 pm It was good stuff, never thought I'd see you mention the Four Noble Truths in a Dzogchen context, like some kind of dirty gradualist;)
As I pointed out, Dzochen addresses the same existential questions as the rest of Buddhadharma. The main difference is that it actually explains the origin of suffering in detail, other than the" pluck the dart out of the eye" approach of other yānas.
Misty

Post by Misty »

In explaining the origin of suffering in detail, does Dzochen practice bring into observation the process of suffering, showing that first subtle footing and its progression? In DZochen practice, is it possible to observe this process in action?

Does the practice of seeing, recognizing and understanding this process, in itself, bring relief from suffering or is something else needed?
In seeing this process, is this where bodhichitta is naturally present?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Misty wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 pm In explaining the origin of suffering in detail, does Dzochen practice bring into observation the process of suffering, showing that first subtle footing and its progression? In DZochen practice, is it possible to observe this process in action?

Does the practice of seeing, recognizing and understanding this process, in itself, bring relief from suffering or is something else needed?
It explains the whole kit and kaboodle, from beginning to end.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Misty wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 pm In explaining the origin of suffering in detail, does Dzochen practice bring into observation the process of suffering, showing that first subtle footing and its progression? In DZochen practice, is it possible to observe this process in action?

Check out Myriad Worlds by Jamgon Kongtrul if you want a blow by blow, as one example.. not easy reading but it's pretty cool.

-Khunu Lama
Misty

Post by Misty »

Thank you 😊
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:47 pm

Check out Myriad Worlds by Jamgon Kongtrul if you want a blow by blow, as one example.. not easy reading but it's pretty cool.
Not the best account, IMO. Better to read the Treasury of Genuine Meaning or Buddhahood in this Life.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

I purchased a monthly All-Access Membership yesterday. This looks to be very good value.

I hadn't really considered joining before, because the web design is infuriatingly modern. Looks over functionality. If all you want to do is check up on Wisdom's new book releases and back catalogue the website is tortuous. Wisdom is still primarily a publisher of books, right?
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

I'm now working through Malcolm's Dzogchen lectures. Excellent stuff! I am constantly pausing the video to take notes. :anjali:
Miorita

Re: Wisdom Academy

Post by Miorita »

Daniel Aitken wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17 am Hi,

This is a new initiative from Wisdom. I’m happy to answer any questions you all might have about the program. Let me know.

Cheers,
Daniel.
Thank you for the Spring/Summer 2023 issue! I have received it today and I'm ready with an empty cup.
I also consider membership.

Cornelia

Return to “Media”