Music time

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Virgo

Re: Music time

Post by Virgo »

Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

denise

Post by denise »

Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Tills ljuset tar oss

Post by Tills ljuset tar oss »

reiun

Post by reiun »

Bumped into him in 1972 walking down Wisconsin Ave. in Georgetown (DC) from my job at Savile Book Store on P Street. Just a quiet humble guy. Told him looked forward to seeing him at the Cellar Door Club. Show as good as this recording.

Great original musicianship, vocal ranges.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Blast on full. You are witnessing a legend.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:08 pmBlast on full. You are witnessing a legend.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:08 pmBlast on full. You are witnessing a legend.

I don’t care about pushing the issue, but that track you just posted was some hot garbage, IMO, lol

If you wanna get grimy, maybe try these instead:

Or some Jedi Mind Tricks etc.

Funny that 2 of the 3 tracks that I posted today mentioned the brand Chanel
Last edited by Sādhaka on Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reiun

Post by reiun »

Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:08 pm

From Shooters featuring Lil Shawn":

"Was acting tough worth losing your life?"

Shaquon Thomas was born on 10th May 1995, in Chicago, Illinois USA, and as Young Pappy was a rapper, who was best known for his participation in the band Gangster Disciples. He was active in the entertainment industry from 2012 to 2015, when he passed away.

The North Side rapper who was the target of at least two fatal shootings in Rogers Park in recent years was gunned down Friday morning in Uptown, authorities said.

Two bullets to the back killed 20-year-old Shaquon Thomas, aka Young Pappy, while he was standing in the 4800 block of North Kenmore Avenue at about 1:30 a.m. Friday.

-- https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/193 ... uon-thomas

From Killa:

Boy, I gave your bitch back, shorty, let that shit go
Yeah, I let her suck my dick, but I let that bitch know, "Hell yeah I got a bitch", so I let my bitch know
'Cause it's level to this shit, rules, regulations, she give me dumb brain like she never had no education
You ain't tryna kill nothin', boy I see you hesitating
Shootin' with your eyes closed, frak you doing? Meditating?
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

reiun wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:28 pm
Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:08 pm

From Shooters featuring Lil Shawn":

Shaquon Thomas was born on 10th May 1995, in Chicago, Illinois USA, and as Young Pappy was a rapper, who was best known for his participation in the band Gangster Disciples. He was active in the entertainment industry from 2012 to 2015, when he passed away.

The North Side rapper who was the target of at least two fatal shootings in Rogers Park in recent years was gunned down Friday morning in Uptown, authorities said.

Two bullets to the back killed 20-year-old Shaquon Thomas, aka Young Pappy, while he was standing in the 4800 block of North Kenmore Avenue at about 1:30 a.m. Friday.

From Killa:

Yeah, I let her suck my dick, but I let that bitch know, "Hell yeah I got a bitch", so I let my bitch know
'Cause it's level to this shit, rules, regulations, she give me dumb brain like she never had no education
Raw as hell. What art is allowed in your opinion and what art should be banned? I visited a Rembrandt exhibition a month ago. That shit should all be burned, full of violence. Wait.. Why did I pay 30 bucks to see it?
reiun

Post by reiun »

Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:45 pm
reiun wrote: From Shooters featuring Lil Shawn":

From Killa:

Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:45 pm Raw as hell. What art is allowed in your opinion and what art should be banned? I visited a Rembrandt exhibition a month ago. That shit should all be burned, full of violence. Wait.. Why did I pay 30 bucks to see it?
You wasted 30 bucks? Ouch! You must be feeling pretty burned.

That 'Night Watch" work was pretty over-the-top . . .

"Yeah, I let her suck my dick . . . "

Not art. A stretch to compare to Rembrandt, but say what you will. (IMO) Just crippled pop culture. But, hey, you're allowed to like or inflict it!
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

[media] [/media]

Three part Classical/Flamenco features Rodrigo’s Concierto De Aranjuez
reiun

Post by reiun »

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

reiun wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:43 am
Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:45 pm
reiun wrote: From Shooters featuring Lil Shawn":

From Killa:

Toenail wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:45 pm Raw as hell. What art is allowed in your opinion and what art should be banned? I visited a Rembrandt exhibition a month ago. That shit should all be burned, full of violence. Wait.. Why did I pay 30 bucks to see it?
You wasted 30 bucks? Ouch! You must be feeling pretty burned.

That 'Night Watch" work was pretty over-the-top . . .

"Yeah, I let her suck my dick . . . "

Not art. A stretch to compare to Rembrandt, but say what you will. (IMO) Just crippled pop culture. But, hey, you're allowed to like or inflict it!
Yes, art should always be socially acceptable and non-offensive, of course.

Anyway if we wanna get artsy:

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Genjo Conan

Post by Genjo Conan »

The language in the track Toenail posted is certainly explicit, but I'm not sure how the sentiment expressed materially differs from, say, Long Tall Sally or the Stray Cat Blues. Or hell, opera buffa. As long as people have been making popular music, people have been making popular music about getting laid.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Boom-bap from Japan:

Last edited by Sādhaka on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
denise

Post by denise »

Return to “Media”