Buddhist Death Metal Group

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Nirveda

Buddhist Death Metal Group

Post by Nirveda »

I just found this and I'm a little...stunned. :-)

https://www.flipsyde.live/buddhist-deat ... PL4fD77ocs
Malcolm

Re: Buddhist Death Metal Group

Post by Malcolm »

Nirveda wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:21 pm I just found this and I'm a little...stunned. :-)

This music is horrible.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Malcolm wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 pm
Nirveda wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:21 pm I just found this and I'm a little...stunned. :-)

This music is horrible.
If protector and wrathful deity mantras were allowed to be openly recited, then this theme would be a match! However, this dharani just doesn't match.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
Svalaksana

Post by Svalaksana »

Eh, cool concept but very standard and unremarkable death metal. Guess I'll stick to Entombed, Death and Morbid Angel.
Looking but not seeing - that's my eye.
Thinking but not minding - that's my mind.
Speaking but not expressing - that's my tongue.
Traveling but not going - that's my path.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Manjushri wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:59 am Eh, cool concept but very standard and unremarkable death metal. Guess I'll stick to Entombed, Death and Morbid Angel.
I'll stick to Hasidic Death Metal!
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
Budai

Post by Budai »

Tenma wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:45 am
Manjushri wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:59 am Eh, cool concept but very standard and unremarkable death metal. Guess I'll stick to Entombed, Death and Morbid Angel.
That is somewhat comedic until it talks about putting homosexuals to death, because of the current trouble the world is having and needs to move past such things into a future of tolerance, a future in which we need to be promoting kindness, Compassion, and equality. But if they chose some more pleasant ancient verses it would actually be more well meaning and an actual humor. It’s just the world has some serious problems these days, as we all know, and some subjects need to be addressed properly, even if one isn’t fully serious in such music, what if it turns into a serious problem for someone?
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Könchok Chödrak wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:57 am
Tenma wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:45 am
That is somewhat comedic until it talks about putting homosexuals to death, because of the current trouble the world is having and needs to move past such things into a future of tolerance, a future in which we need to be promoting kindness, Compassion, and equality. But if they chose some more pleasant ancient verses it would actually be more well meaning and an actual humor. It’s just the world has some serious problems these days, as we all know, and some subjects need to be addressed properly, even if one isn’t fully serious in such music, what if it turns into a serious problem for someone?
Um, it's a parody I think. Also all that stuff is straight from the Bible IIRC, so take it up with the Torah I guess.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Seems to be their best track.

Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Check out Ancients Bandcamp. Free music. Not all raging hardcore vocals. Although those guys obviously have talent.

These guys are from my neighborhood

Return to “Media”